hf1

BG - do I give up??

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: BG - do I give up??

Postby megansmummy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:54 am

Ok i put DS in a BG this morning when he got up to test this out and he went 3 hours and 10 minutes (due to a nap) and it leaked around the legs and at the waist...it was stuffed with bamboo and hemp...

As much as i love my BG's and they are so easy for Dh and the change bag they really arnt as reliable as fitteds...

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:20 pm

Unfortunately some people simply find that pockets aren't for them. It might be the fit and as he grows you might fall back in love with them, so don't give up on them completely

Sounds like you can still use them but would need to change them more frequently.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby sim » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:04 pm

Thanks ladies! I think the BGs will have to be second choice over fitteds for a while :cry: . I've had him in Tots Bots 2s and ME airflows all day and not a hint of a leak, in fact I could have left them on quite a bit longer. Think I'll keep the BGs for DH and change them faster. I hope he'll stop weeing so much when he goes on to solids.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:17 pm

I find that BG's dont fit so well either - the inserts just bunch up in them and then leak. WN SS pockets dont do that! Plus the velcro on my BG's has almost wore out so they dont really stick anymore.

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: BG - do I give up?? *success pg 2*

Postby sim » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:47 pm

I think I've cracked the stuffing on BGs for us with PDs and EP hemp and some creative folding, folding the EP in half and the PD around it...it goes something like this...

Front........................Back
Outer
[PDPDPDPDPDPDPDPDPDPDP
[(EPEPEPEPEP
[(EPEPEPEPEP
[PDPDPDPDPD]
PDPDPDPDPD]
fleece Inner

So massive absorbancy at the front but not too bulky. I was testing it out today to see just how long it would go before leaking and it lasted 4 hours without leaks (incuding a poo which is why I changed him) and the insets weren't soaked through at the front :D :D :D It also stopped any bunching at the front which had been contributing to the leaks

Is it sad that this makes me happy?? :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:44 am

Excellent!! :wine:

I have been having better luck with using a preemie prefold with the EP in the middle! :wink:

Previous

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies