JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

When did that happen - suggestions please

Postby JabberJabber » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:00 am

Hi,

I've just changed Olivers' nappy and realised that he has now very nearly outgrown his size 1 tots bots and bambinex nappies. When did that happen - where has my 7lb 2oz baby gone?! :babyrolleyes: He now 5 months and 16lbs 3 with chubby (ish) thighs.

I'm now thinking about getting my stash sorted out for size 2 nappies and need some pockets at a reasonable price. I like Blueberry nappies and I know Oliver currently fits into their mediums (nearly on the middle poppers on both sides), but even though they are very lovely, they can be pricy.

Can someone give me some suggestions please, I don't mind trying one-size or sized nappies, but drying time is quite important to us (we don't have a tumble dryer and our airing cupboard space is quite small) and I don't really want to spend a huge amount.

Thanks,
Kate

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: When did that happen - suggestions please

Postby rhead » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:46 pm

Maybe Fuzzis? Not quite as pretty as minkee Blueberries, but they do a few prints and their mediums are supposed to last for ages (until PT for most babies!). They're also quite reliable, and with the MF inserts very quick-drying.

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:15 pm

BumGenius pockets - they dry like a dream.
Green-Me have PUL backed Ecobubs pockets - these are sized though, also dry well - http://www.green-me.co.uk/ecobubs_every ... c_everyday . price somehow drops to £12.75 once they're in your basket.
I bought a couple of Mommys Touch on the classifieds here and have now bought 2 more in a super cute safari print, brilliant fit and the pocket opens at both ends (genius). There's a scrummy safari print on their special offer pages - http://www.babykind.co.uk/specialoffers.htm
Medium Fuzzies are great, they fit up to 30something pounds so should last for ages. They dry fine too, I don't have a tumble dryer and all of these dry well within 24hrs on an airer, mostly overnight to be honest.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:18 pm

Fuzzis are reduced to £9 something at bumfluff atm too. :wink:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:44 pm

I use BBOS as my main nappy and I think the majority of my stash has been bought pre-loved, I think if a nappy has life left in it why buy new? It also means that I get the lovely minkee for half the price :wink: and I love the BB :wink:

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:18 pm

Thanks for your suggestions. I think I am going to get some coolababy pockets and then ask a friend if I can borrow some of her BG's. I'm going to keep an eye on the classifieds for the others you mentioned.

Kate

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies