hf1

Would you rather . . .

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Would you rather . . .

Postby autumnalgirl » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:52 pm

receive an UD BTP or a sized nappy as a gift? Buying a nappy for a friend who as decided to use cloth :wine: , but keep changing my mind! I've never tried their BTP, but do like the sized ones. They haven;t yet had the baby either!
Thanks Christi

My avatar
litlestar
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Would you rather . . .

Postby litlestar » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:57 am

sized ones will def have the better fit.
our little one isn't here yet and i won't be using my BTP ones till LO is over 10lbs+, so i have a couple of xs, some s then my BTP (i kind of bypassed Meds for the mo)

If shes never used cloth although she would get longer use out of a BTP nappy, it may well be that big on LO that the fit isn't good and might put her off cloth.

so my answer would be a sized one.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:15 am

I mainly have BTP pockets and the fit has been awesome on DD since birth! I'm starting to buy sized now, mainly for the novelty, but I have to say that the fit is generally much better with a BTP.

EDT TO ADD: I haven't tried UD BTP though - mine are all Weenotions, Bumgenius and Blueberry - although I've heard good things about them.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:27 am

If I were buying for myself then I would probably buy btp, especially with more expensive nappies as they should be more cost effective and get more use. I would then pick up some cheap sized ones as they should give a slimmer fit. But if I was buying one as a gift then I would probably go for sized as they are cuter and slimmer but obviously if you go for small then they have limited life. If your friend hasn't used cloth before then btp can be off putting to some people as they are so bulky.
I used btp from birth on Charlotte (I only had 25 MEOS for the first few months) and got on great, I didn't know any different at the time but some people are really put off by the bulk.

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby autumnalgirl » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:40 pm

Thanks. The last baby present I brought was a WNOS, but I 'knew' them! Think I'm going for sized and have a huckleberry medium classic sat in the basket ........ and maybe one for Dylan too :giggle:

My avatar
squidsin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby squidsin » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:30 pm

I'm going to be doing the same thing for my preggers sis soon too - buy her a cute personalised nappy to try and win her round to cloth. I'm thinking probably a WN but I am going to get a sized one as I agree with the poster who said that getting a BTP one, which looks huge and probably won't be a good fit straightaway on a tiny baby, might put a cloth virgin off cloth altogether!

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies