hf1

Would you be interested in bamboo lined pockets?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Would you be interested in bamboo lined pockets?

Postby JennyPenny » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:41 pm

If a certain somebody was to stock them? So bamboo inestead of fleece? Just wondering on what everybodys thoughts were?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Would you be interested in bamboo lined pockets?

Postby tanya » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:03 pm

I asked Suzanne at Weenotions if she could line one of her side snaps in cotton velour for me, and she told me it wouldn't work properly with an absorbant layer there and would probably leak.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:08 pm

I prefer minkee or, as a second choice, fleece.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:14 pm

I think one of the great things about pockets is the stay-dry layer; it helps drying time and means no need for a liner. So I'd not choose bamboo for those reasons.

My avatar
raffertygrey
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby raffertygrey » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:21 pm

Pockets lined with something so absorbant would be prone to terrible wicking I would think. The wee would spread right to the edges of the lining rather than soak right through into an insert.

Same with outers - anyone who's ever had a cotton outer on a pocket usually finds they don't last half as long as a synthetic outer. We couldn't get on with them anyway.

Then again, I've had some effective AIO's which have been lined with cotton..but then most of the wee is being absorbed by the snap-in part so the lining doesn't get a direct flow like the lining in a pocket.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:58 pm

Ours haven't leaked so far :-?

But points noted and will bear that in mind. I know some people don't get on with fleece or minkee because their chilren wee too fast or are sensitive to it when next to the skin.

Would still be interested to hear other views :)

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:32 pm

i don't really know tbh. would have to try one :giggle: dans no good with fleece, it makes him have a rash and even minkee makes him red. Hes fine with mutts though and tots bots.

My avatar
TheNatty
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby TheNatty » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:13 pm

the tots bots AIO (with the pocket and flip out inner) is bamboo only on the inside

i find they are the only pockets my DD can use as they DONT leak

i dont know if its a powerwee issue with fleece :-? ive never really figured it out. they do have a half inch thick line of PUL all the way round the inside tho, maybe that why they dont leak.

ah who knows! if it works it works!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:53 pm

There are a lot of people over here (France) who will only use pockets etc. with natural inners - I hear a lot more about microfleece and suedecloth allergies/intolerances on the French forums than I ever have on UK forums. NO idea why that is :giggle:, maybe they're paranoid, or maybe they're more clued in to the possible causes of redness/reactions (i.e., and don't just think "my LO can't handle cloth")?

Personally I prefer a stay-dry inner but I'd have thought there was a market for natural inners too. Can't comment on the wicking issue, really - we didn't get on too well with Econappies (OCV inner) but that's the only one I've tried, and DD only wore them a few times.

Are these ones you're making or thinking of importing? I know Blueberry makes an OBV-lined version of their pockets now but don't think I've seen anyone in the UK selling them (they are on sale in France though!). :wink: OBV is all the rage, I bet lots of people would at least want to try it as a pocket inner.

ETA: Oops, I've literally just this second found the bamboo BBs on sale in one shop, wasn't even looking for them... :roll:

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies