hf1

What inserts for a superheavy wetting, power weer?

My avatar
MrsWeirdo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

What inserts for a superheavy wetting, power weer?

Postby MrsWeirdo » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:28 am

I seem to be changing my DS every 1.5 hours atm :( We've been using BBOS inserts, with an EP hemp booster. Sometimes we'll add an extra MF booter in too but it doesn't seem to help much :( We still need to change that often other wise we have wet trousers. I've tried using a prefold, but that doesn't last much longer either. I *may* get 2.5 hours with an EP hemp booster added in.

I don't think it's an over stuffing issue because we still get a really good fit.

The only thing that gives us 3+ hours is the insert from a Night Notion.... I wouldn't generally leave him longer than 3 hours but sometimes it's nice to have a bit of freedom, like the 20 mins to get home rather than using public changerooms :puke: IYKWIM?

I've lost faith in Bamboo a bit since using Itti Bitti's as they only lasted an hour at a push.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Re: What inserts for a superheavy wetting, power weer?

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:34 am

MF acts like a sponge and can lead to compression wicking, so I'd definitely not use that with a heavy wetter. We use either a hemp Big Weed or hemp Wonderfulls insert topped with a Babeco bamboo booster and an EP hemp booster underneath the whole lot for extra absorbency. That lasts about 3 hours. Having said that, I've just listed the rest of my pockets and now have a stash exclusively of fitteds and wool; I find they're the best solution for my heavy wetter.

Hemp has lots of absorbency but is slow absorbing, so needs something quick absorbing on top, like bamboo.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:11 am

I agree with Nichola, we can't use MF at all. A combination of bamboo and hemp is great for heavy wetters. Katie outpees her Ittis in less than an hour now but her pockets stuffed with a P'tit Dessous bamboo insert with EP hemp underneath last much longer although we still need to change after about 2 hours. TBH if you've got a really heavy wetter you'll be better of with fitteds and wraps or wool. Most of Katie's fitteds last 3 hours or so under her wool.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:52 pm

Nathan is quite a heavy wetter.in our bgs we use either 2 ep bamboo and 2 ep hemp or a pd bamboo with 2 hemp.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:27 pm

Ittys only last us about 2 hours if that.
Kaydi is a really heavy wetter. I must say I find fitteds and wool work best for us.
I do have a few BBOS I use petit desous (sp?) bamboo inserts with easy peasy hemp boosters.
I can't use microfibre with kaydi at all the wee just squashes out. I didn't even attempt to use the BBOS inserts.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
squidsin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby squidsin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:00 pm

Green Kids bamboo inserts (with their booster for extra protection at night) work a treat for my power weer. You can get them from Nappyzone.
Does anyone else find Blueberry combi inserts rubbish? I'm getting loads of leaks with them at the mo.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:15 pm

I found all the Blueberry combi inserts to be rubbish. The were absolutely drenched in less than 2 hours.

I agree with the others that a combo of bamboo and hemp inserts work best in pockets, but for sheer reliability and absorbancy, nothing beats a good fitted and wool.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
squidsin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby squidsin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:50 pm

Ah good, it's not just me then! Er - not that I wee on them, I mean my son Sam of course... :wink:

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies