Slinky Minki Problem

My avatar
naiya
Clothie
Clothie

Slinky Minki Problem

Postby naiya » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:59 pm

Hiya,

I bought a Slinky Minki just over a month ago, my Lo has only ever worn it twice, but every time he has it on it leaves red welts behind! even though i've adjusted the middle, it just seems very tight on his legs, he's only a very skinny thing too.

is it just that it doesn't suit his leg shape? as i really really can't understand it!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Slinky Minki Problem

Postby Annette » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:34 am

I don't know, if you don't have a problem with any other nappies then I guess it doesn't suit him. Or maybe he is reacting to something - is it fleece? has he worn other fleece nappies? Don't know what to suggest, what other nappies have you used?

My avatar
naiya
Clothie
Clothie

Postby naiya » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:16 pm

i think it's a fleece - pretty much exactly like his lollipop rainbow but not quite so bulky.

we've tried BG's, WN, Ittis, Lollipops, BB's, Mutts, Preston Pants, Berryplush & Fuzzi Bunz.

The Minki's the only one we get the red welt's with - he's close to the smallest setting on all his medium nappies, and is still on the smallest setting for the OS's. So he's only a dinky thin thing, so I really can't understand the Minki problem!

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:30 pm

Was it pre-loved? I've had this exact problem with one of the minki's I bought pre-loved, but not the other. I'm thinking it's something to do with either detergent build up or that DD reacted to the detergent that had been used. I've considered strpping it, but can't be bothered for just the one nappy, IYSWIM.
DD is also on the tightest or next to tightest setting on all her other mediums and I was told the large minki's are HUGE, so don't want to go buying any of them, specially as it's just the one we have a problem with. I've not tried it as a day nappy, only as a very well stuffed night nappy, but have wondered if having less stuffing in it might have made a difference.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:44 pm

we had a problem with a minki wrap like that, was the one ur having trouble with pul lined by any chance? we found the bit round the legs where u can see the pul dug in awfully like the legs hole elastic had been pulled in very tight, gave it away in the end.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:39 pm

That happened to Gracie as well and she is mega skinny, so i have switched to other pockets at night (although we mainly use fitteds)

My avatar
naiya
Clothie
Clothie

Postby naiya » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:14 am

it was brand new, I've only had it about 2 months .
it is pul lined, the elastic is just so so tight on his legs with it, it even feels tight to touch!
I think I may have to admit defeat with this nappy, it's just causing awful marks on his legs!

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:05 pm

we had to do the same, i think they could have allowed a little more give in the legs tbh, i used one on my little man when he was all of 10lbs and it still left angry red marks on him. perhaps better suited to a sparrow..... u could always let them know at nappies by minki, as the only way to improve i guess is by customer feedback, i think they'd rather know then lose custom hun

My avatar
nettyrice
Clothie
Clothie

Postby nettyrice » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:37 am

We had the same prob with one of our Slinkis too - ordered 3 at the same time and only one had the leg elastic a bit too enthusiastically tightened!! I sent it back to Michaela and she loosened it for me - works fine now.

Netty x

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies