hf1

Arrrgh! My beautiful PBPD...

My avatar
squidsin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Arrrgh! My beautiful PBPD...

Postby squidsin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:04 pm

...nappies that I gave such a glowing review to on this very site leak out of the legs every time I use them! I've tried a load of different inserts (GK - usually bombproof, EP, Blueberry combi) and settings but it's no good. Has anyone got any advice for me? I really don't want to sell them on, they are gorgeous!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Arrrgh! My beautiful PBPD...

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:49 pm

Standard things to try...

Strip wash...
Give the fleece/minkee inners a good scrub together with washing up liquid then do a full wash with full detergent then rinse rinse rinse until no more bubbles...

Try tumble-drying the pockets for a bit

What else do you use do they leak too or are they fine?

My avatar
squidsin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby squidsin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:57 pm

I use BG and Greenkids - I don't have leaks with them. Well, I sometimes do with the cotton print GK Funtimes - if I use them with Blueberry inserts anyway - but not with the Anytime or Minkytimes. My PBPD nappies have cotton fronts and minky backs and inners and the wee seems to wick out the legs onto the cotton. I haven't tried scrubbing them with washing up liquid - thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go! But they've been strip washed. I don't have a tumble drier so can't try that. I SO want this to work! Any advice gratefully received!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:01 pm

Unfortunately its probably the cotton that's the problem. We can't use cotton outer pockets or AI2s as it wicks terribly.

My avatar
squidsin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby squidsin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:55 pm

That's what I suspected, Louise. Damn! Surely everyone must have the same problem then, though? Does anyone have cotton nappies that DON'T wick?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:06 pm

squidsin wrote:That's what I suspected, Louise. Damn! Surely everyone must have the same problem then, though? Does anyone have cotton nappies that DON'T wick?

They're ok with lighter wetters - or you can just heavily boost them and change them more frequently...

We used to be fine with them on Isabelle but as we got closer to PT they didn't work anymore...

Things that make the wicking worse are tight fitting clothes...

Of course if you're using them under a skirt (no vest) or wool it's not usually a problem...

My avatar
squidsin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby squidsin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:50 pm

They currently only last about half an hour - well, basically until Sam does his first wee - so that's a lot of changes! Particularly as I then need to change whatever he is wearing too. I am an open-minded sort of a mummy but I do draw the line at putting my son in skirts. :wink: :lol:
Oh well, I'll just have to put them on him, go 'awww you're so cute', then take them straight off again and put him in a plain but practical BG!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:44 am

squidsin wrote:I am an open-minded sort of a mummy but I do draw the line at putting my son in skirts. :wink: :lol:

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: Sorry brain not quite engaged last night ;)

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies