hf1

This is probably going to sound really silly but...

My avatar
keljbj
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

This is probably going to sound really silly but...

Postby keljbj » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:44 am

I`m new to pockets and have a question lol :giggle: :giggle:

What do you do about poo????????? Do i use a liner to catch it, or just hope that it all washes out when i put the nappies in the machine? If i do use a liner, how do i do it, as theres nothing to wrap one around iygwim (when i use prefolds i just wrap it around the nappy before putting it in the wrap).

Sorry if i sound really thick, just dont want to ruin my lovely nappies by getting them covered in poo and stained (especially by Acacia, my 23 month old).

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: This is probably going to sound really silly but...

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:48 am

It depends really - if you get cow-pat style toddler poos it is best using a paper liner in them as otherwise you end up scraping it off which is messy and annoying - although when it has been left a few hours it tends to roll off easier
OTOH if you get nice roll off the nappy types then do just that!

I've only had stains from wee not poo oddly (breastfed poos don't count as they sun out)... Provided they're not left for days and days you shouldn't get stains - liners certainly won't prevent stains anyway...

When you use liners in a pocket you just kind of sit it in the pocket - you may have to trim them to size if you're using the prefold ones as they're huge from what I remember!

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:56 am

fleece liners will stop stains you can even make ur own. and cold wash pooy nappies before normal wash, as hot water will embed the stain

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
MrsWeirdo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby MrsWeirdo » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:57 am

Not silly questions at all!

You can use liners in them, you just lay it in. you might need to cut them down to fit. I personally don't use them, most of DS's solids just go down the loo and don't stick IYKWIM (sorry, TMI!!!) If there are messy ones I usually rinse them off under the shower before sticking them in the machine. Rinsing will also help avoid stains. A bit of sunshine will get rid of any stains ;) (if we get any!)

My avatar
MrsWeirdo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby MrsWeirdo » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:58 am

X posted... oops..

My avatar
keljbj
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby keljbj » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:39 am

Thanks girls :D :D :D :D :D

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:48 am

i sometimes use toilet roll to wipe the poo off nappy rather than having to flush or rinse with shower just because toilet in caravan is not flush one and we don't have a shower

My avatar
squidsin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby squidsin » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:18 pm

babyjjbaby wrote:i sometimes use toilet roll to wipe the poo off nappy rather than having to flush or rinse with shower just because toilet in caravan is not flush one and we don't have a shower

I do this too. And I use disposable liners (except at night, when he has fleece ones to help keep him dry). No poo stains on my nappies yet!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:39 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:fleece liners will stop stains

Actually I don't find this - perhaps for the more solid poos but (TMI ALERT) splodgy ones kinda leak through and often leave stains on the nappy if they're not washed soon enough...

I find the wash routine more important when it comes to stain prevention...

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies