hf1

Help: Small baby & heavy wetter!

My avatar
menina
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Help: Small baby & heavy wetter!

Postby menina » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:03 pm

thanks for your advice! I guess I'll have to re-evaluate the 2-part system. In fact, I tried that today and have to say that my Swaddlebees Organic cotton BTP wit Motherease wrap have done a great job today. I didn't even have to use an extra insert, but I did change every 2 hours so far. I will have a look at Bamboozles, cause it looks like I'll need more nappies and more inserts.

I tried the FuzziBunz BTP with hemp + bamboo and they were ok after 1.5hrs, but they leaked a little after 3hrs (couldn't change her earlier cause she was in the middle of a nap - she doesn't have a proper routine yet so it's unpredictable when I'll be able to change her).

So I guess I will order some hemp and bamboo inserts and I guess I'll also order some fitted nappies and go from there!
this whole cloth-nappy thing is starting to work out a bit more expensive than I first thought. But hope I'll then be able to use the nappies for more children in the future :D

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:11 pm

Hi my little girl is also tiny. She's a real skinny minny. for her I have found that bambino mio small wraps fit really well, and imse vimse newborn - the velcro on this one is really wide so there is lots of space to get a good fit, and its neat fitting too with growing room. My girl is not a heavy wetter but I think my son is (twins) I like the fit of real easy by hip hip baby pockets, and they have a hemp insert which is great. also I really like pocket bots, they are REALLY skinny but there's lots of room to stuff if you need it.

My avatar
menina
Clothie
Clothie

Postby menina » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:47 pm

I have placed an order with babykind and I'll let you know how I get on when my new stuff arrives!! :wink:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:55 pm

3 hours from a pocket stuffed with hemp and bamboo is about right. I doubt you'll get much longer from any nappy tbh. We always change 2-3 hourly except overnight, obviously. I'd definitely avoid any nappies/inserts containing microfibre, they're no good for heavy wetters at all. I'd also recommend trying a side snapping pocket as you can adjust the waist and thigh poppers seperately so you'll probably get a better fit.

My avatar
menina
Clothie
Clothie

Postby menina » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:03 am

I thought I'd pop back in for an update - been meaning to for ages but just haven't had the time!

Seems like my little heavy wetter isn't a heavy wetter anymore! DOH! Perhaps she just had a phase of heavy wetting? who knows!
Still, I have ditched MF and am now using a "bamboo + hemp" combination which is fine for 2 hours and "2 bamboo + hemp" which seems to be ok even 3 hours (don't often stretch it that far, but when i have I haven't had any problems).
Also seems like her little thighs have become slightly chubbier so now the Bumgenius v3 are performing very well even though they are velcro! All pockets are performing well for us now.

The only problem remaining is the FuzziBunz BTP!!
I'll post another thread on this issue if I don't find any info in the archives.

thanks for all your help so far!

Previous

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies