hf1

changing pockets

My avatar
mousenose
Clothie
Clothie

changing pockets

Postby mousenose » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:52 am

When you change your Lo do you change the whole thing? i have heard some people metioning not doing this but just changing the inserts? Surely that wouldnt work cos the we has to go through the outer layer to get to the insert? :oops:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: changing pockets

Postby Annette » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:08 am

pockets do need to be changed everytime as the lining will have got wet and will hold bacteria.

If you use AI2s though, the insert poppers onto the outer and so if the outer hasn't got soiled the you can just change the insert.

I like the idea of doing this but in reality I find it too much of a faff and end up changing the whole thing anyway!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:26 pm

Like Annette I always change the whole nappy (AI2). Pockets need to be changed every time, we change every 3 hours or so. x

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:52 pm

Yes for pockets the whole thing needs changing, but I do only change the inserts of my Itti's, which are an AI2 with snap in inserts, if they're only damp. I find this great when I'm out as I don't have to take 3 stuffed pockets out. I just grab 3 changes of insert and an extra outer bit, in case we have a poo. It's really made a difference to my heavy change bag :D

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies