hf1

Anyone tried the new nature babies BTP pocket?

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Anyone tried the new nature babies BTP pocket?

Postby clothpenguin » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:55 pm

Am interested as have not bought anything other than tiny and size one, two parters (got some preloved xs Fuzzis actually and a preloved BG so that's not true!).I was hoping that pockets might work around weaning time. With BTP if they really are BTP they might be worth a look though. When the time comes, I am hoping to stick to my guns and buy as British as possible, but its very very hard when you set eyes on a Blueberry for example!

CP

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:31 pm

Not tried those.

Have a look at weenotions.co.uk they do nice pockets (cheaper than blueberrys too) they do minkee and crushed velvet if you wanted soft ones.

Also I have some Mommy's Touch BTP and Erin is now 18 months and they still have growing room in them. But they're american.

Erm trying to think of more british. pocket-tots.co.uk and upsydaisy nappies.

There's a few on mumzmall.co.uk but not all pockets.

Good luck and happy shopping :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:49 pm

I didn't know they were bringing out a btp version - haven't seen anyone talking about them but I found them on Twinkle and they say on there that although they are meant to start from 6-7lb, it may be better using them as a wrap in the beginning until babies legs get chunkier. Difficult to say if they will then last until potty training without finding someone with one and a large toddler.

They are based on the old Stuffables design and I was never really tempted by them and heard mixed reviews from people.

Really good to see the UK getting some btp pockets though and very interested in finding out how they are. Tempted by the pink butterflies! They are more expensive than BGs though at £16.44 on Twinkle.

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:16 pm

Thanks for all those yummy links. I am actually restraining myself :o untill they are here and we see how we get on with two parters. Its VERY hard! I am just interested to see how things go, often it seems a new product comes out and its raved about but then in the longer haul it perhaps does not wear well or there are problems, I'm thinking BG for example. I'd not heard anything so I thought I would ask. I would love to try weenotions, pocketbots, upsydaisy's etc but I WILL be strong untill they are big enough to fit in leak free maner :lol: I cannot succumb to total cloth addiction, with two at once I will not be able to afford to go back to work. Its a relief to say that on one level, but on another it will make things a bit tight. You must pledge not to corrupt me too much...

CP + Beans

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:22 pm

I know that Emma got on very well with pockets from birth but mostly the feedback I get is that 2 parters are most reliable until they get a little bigger. As you are expecting yours to be small I think you are sensible to wait and see. A lady I sold some bimbles and bambeasies to also had some small Fuzzis already and she has come back to me for more 2 parters as she doesn't like the pockets and her little girl is 8.5lbs.

I really think that pockets come into their own after a few months really. Although I have bought a small Fuzzi in the Babykind sale for research purposes with this next little one so I can actually speak from experience and maybe if we find out this one is a girl I will try the pink butterflies nature babies!

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies