hf1

Using a pocket as a wrap?

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Using a pocket as a wrap?

Postby Tara84 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:50 pm

Is there any reason why a pocket nappy couldn't be used as a wrap over a fitted or flat nappy?

I plan on using fitteds to start with this baby and then use pockets during the day once her thighs have chunked up a bit(I seem to make very long skinny babies with scraggly little legs :giggle: ) I'm using up the last of the PUL I've got and I can't decide whether to do all small size pockets or some small pockets and some small wraps.

I have 4 small sized wraps and plan to wash every 2 days so could maybe do with 1 or 2 more wraps. I've only got 2 small sized pockets so far so could do with quite a few more, so it would be handy if I could make all pockets and then use some as wraps if I run out.

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Using a pocket as a wrap?

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:59 pm

hiya, i've done this, although i don't know if all pockets go over fitted nappies, think the cut might be a bit different, but not sure. i've put medium pockets over small fitted ones, ie totsbots cotton. hope some one can jump in and be more helpful!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:14 pm

Might work over a slim fitted but pockets are usually cut rather slimmer than wraps and the slim cut wraps I've got don't work over a lot of fitteds :roll: so it depends how you cut them I guess...

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:42 am

Thanks for the replies, I've had a quick trial run with a teddy, the 2 pockets I've made so far fit ok over the bimbles I have(think their size 0, were preloved and advertised as 1 but their teeny) and the small fitteds that I've made I don't think they'll work over the size 1 little lambs though, is hard to tell with a teddy with very squishy legs :giggle:
So if I make sure I have normal wraps for over the LL we should be ok using pockets over the others :D

My avatar
mammymade
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mammymade » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:01 pm

you can buy wraps for really cheap and would probably be best doing that and using the pockets as pockets, i have made a few fleece wraps to go over pocket nappies, just cut them a tiny bit bigger

x

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies