hf1

Aaarrgh! Pockets - what should I do?

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Aaarrgh! Pockets - what should I do?

Postby jennyclaire » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:09 am

All my nappies are pockets and they are bumgenius v3 ones. I do have a couple of tots bots pockets too but I don't find them as good. BG pockets have never leaked with us. I use the 2 inserts that comes with them plus one bamboo booster. Works well with us.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:12 am

I have given up on pockets completly and sold them all becuase we always get leaks...no matter the combo of stuffing... We only use fitteds now...the wrap or wool (we use wool 99% of the time) gives the extra protection and so we dont get leaks at all :wink:

My avatar
Jamling
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Jamling » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:45 am

It really depends on how heavy a wetter your little one is. We had great success with lots of lovely embroidered minkee pockets for a while but as Jamie grew bigger he became a very heavy wetter and soon no matter what I used to stuff his nappies I couldn't rely on them. However now I have gone back to more workhorse type pockets I have found that Jamie can wear them for 3 hours now with no issues. We now avoid minkee (apart from the babybeehinds minkee Aio which is fab with extra stuffing) and stick to HH or BG type pockets with no issues although I do use a night notion insert with them.

Loads of people don't have issues though and it's really trial and error and something that works great for a while may not work for ever as baby changes shape etc. I would avoid cotton outers though as we never had any luck with them.

Why not pick up some 2nd hand to try out and see what works.

Previous

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies