JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Pockets at Nursery

Postby JabberJabber » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:28 am

Hi,

I am sorting out my return to work, which includes getting everything ready for Oliver to go to nursery 5 days a week. I will be sending him to nursery in cloth, preferably pockets, but needed a bit of advice...

I was thinking of getting more coolababy nappies, as they work well for us with the mf insert if they are changed every 2.5 hours (ish). However, I have heard some horror stories about nurseries not changing often enough, so was wondering if I need to do something else. I had been considering either using a hemp of bamboo insert too, but don't have any the same size...

..so what do you recommend, what would you suggest using inside them, or do you think another pocket nappy would be better. ETA: I would have to buy more pockets anyway, as don't have enough for 5 days as yet!

I need to be able to have these ready to go in 6 weeks and I don't have much spare cash.

Thanks in advance.

Kate x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Pockets at Nursery

Postby Louise » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:34 am

I haven't had a Coolababy but EP hemps fit in most pockets I think. I'd use one of those under the MF insert.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:35 am

If they need changing every 2.5hrs then you definately need to boost them as I doubt a nursery would change that often. Ben's nursery has set change times (unless there is a poo in between) he arrives in his nappy and then they change 10am, 1pm and 4pm. So he gets changed generally every 3 hours and we are fine with the Coolababy with just the MF insert as Ben is not a heavy wetter and he very rarely has to have a change of trousers from a leaky nappy.

A good budget option is to get some hemp easy peasy boosters to add which are only £2 each I think.

My avatar
mammymade
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mammymade » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:06 pm

i was also going to suggest boosters, also if you go into the pound shop you can buy microfibre cloths, 3 for £1, those are good aswell, put one inside the pocket with your usual insert, then put the booster inside, next to the baby, you might want to get fleece topped boosters if they only get their nappies changed every 3 hrs as you dont want him getting nappy rash :)

x

My avatar
Bee
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Bee » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:32 pm

I suggest double boosting too. We don't need to with the Coolababy ones but I would for nursery

Our nursery can't do pockets for some reason. They try to tell us what to do regarding cloth even though LO is the only baby in cloth there!

We send him withh fitted/shaped nappies that they can't muck up. There's me thinking one nappy would be easier over a nappy and wrap but what do I know!

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:52 pm

I think using fitteds for heavy wetters and flongies would be ideal too. That would be just the same as a one part nappy and trousers for the nursery staff but much more absorbant.

I have 3 pairs of flongies on the way for Blake and will be sending him to nursery in those and a fitted.

At the moment he goes in wonderoos (with both inserts in) and they last the 4 hourly changes they get a nursery (unless they poop between). He isn't a heavy wetter to be honest.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:11 pm

Thanks for the advice, I think I will get some EP hemp to see if they work for us before buying too much more

Kate x

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies