Bamboo - how do you dry yours?

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Bamboo - how do you dry yours?

Postby Cyrillia » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:56 pm

Hey all,

I've had to invest in some new inserts for my WN pockets as DS has turned into a mega-wee'er at the same time I think killed my BBOS inserts through using Fairy! I bought some GK bamboo inserts with GK bamboo boosters, and they arrived on Friday - I'm dying to try them out, but I'm still waiting for them to dry!

I read that they shouldn't be tumble dried or put directly onto a radiator as it makes the piles lie flat, so they're on an airer in our spare room (the radiator is on in there when the heating is on though), and they're STILL damp!

What can I do? They're going to be pretty much a nightmare for me if they take two-plus days to dry! :)

Sarah
x

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Bamboo - how do you dry yours?

Postby emmalala » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:35 pm

i just tumble mine :-?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:38 pm

Yeah WSS, i line dry mone for a while and then finnish in the tumble :wink:

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:49 pm

Ahh, thinking about it now, the GK bamboo boosters/inserts are bamboo fleece, not terry type, I think - so the comment re: the pile lying flat shouldn't apply should it?

If I let them dry say for 24h, then stick them in the tumbler to finish them off they should be fine shouldn't they? :D

Do you tumble dry on the low setting?

Sarah
x

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:55 pm

Cyrillia wrote:If I let them dry say for 24h, then stick them in the tumbler to finish them off they should be fine shouldn't they? :D

Do you tumble dry on the low setting?

Sarah
x

Thats what i do, 99% of our nappies are bamboo and thats what i do...i tumble on my cottons setting (as opposed to synthetics!)

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:04 pm

WSS :D have little lambs bamboo, had them for 6 moonths and they've been tumbled to death :giggle:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:08 pm

We tumble here too :wink:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:11 pm

Tumbling isn't great for bamboo as it cooks the fibres, it is especially bad for BV nappies. If you are going to tumble bamboo I'd do it for as little time as possible and on the lowest heat possible too.

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:55 am

this is the 3rd day the bamboozles have been dryig now but won't tumble them as i hate tumbl dryers i find the inserts dry fab on those hanging airer thigns i got one for a pound from wilkinson

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies