Pocket Tots v. Bumgenius v3

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Pocket Tots v. Bumgenius v3

Postby Cyrillia » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:12 pm

Hey all,

Just trying to decide which pocket nappy to get for DS as our back-up nappy plus for use at nursery. As far as I know, pocket tots are relatively new, so not that many reviews about for them - but the ones I saw over on Mumsnet weren't brilliant.

There's two things I'm thinking of - DS has turned into a mega-wee'er recently, so as BG's only come with the microfibre inserts I'd probably have to replace then before I even start with bamboo inserts - so that's an extra expense - but the reviews of them are very good.

On the other hand, pocket tots have bamboo as an option to begin with. I'm not too worried about containment as DS doesn't really have really runny poos anymore. I'd need nappies to last up to three hours between changes for nursery, and I don't know if the BG's would be up to the task... Are the BG's worth the extra expense of replacing hte inserts? Are the pocket tots as bad as the reviews say they are?

Decisions, decisions... :giggle: Any thoughts?

Sarah
x

My avatar
squidsin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Pocket Tots v. Bumgenius v3

Postby squidsin » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:24 pm

My boy is an average to heavy wetter and, despite only having microfibre as inserts, I've never had a leak with a BG. I usually leave it 3 hours between changes, sometimes 4 if we are out and about. They're like magic! I use a mixture of BGs and Green Kids - might be worth looking at Green Kids if you like pockets as the bamboo insert they use in their nappies is just fantastic, lasts for an age (I use them overnight with an extra bamboo booster and have never had a leak!) and also the nappies themselves come in loads of different patterns and colours and are super-cute.

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:43 pm

Thanks for that - it's the GK bamboo inserts and boosters I've bought to go in my WN nappies as the hemp/MF BBOS inserts I have been using were wet through in 45 minutes! :D

A friend has been using BG and says they're excellent - I guess if I do go down the BG route, then I can try him with the newborn insert as a booster alongside the regular insert and just see how it goes. :)

Was wondering if there was anyone with experience of the pocket tots though, just to see if they'd be worth considering?

Sarah
x

My avatar
lillamilla
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lillamilla » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:28 am

I tried pocket tots, but sold it after using 3-4 times. I gave it a chance, but to be honest I knew it's not gonna work for us as soon as I hold it in my hands. I think it's just rubbish, sorry.
I use BG-s mostly (usually with both inserts) and they're just excellent. Nice colours, but it's boring at the same time. So I wanted to get something else with nice patters and more exciting colours. I tried different brands, but just can't find any better than BGs, I ended up selling most of them. I bought slinki minkis recently and they were perfect through the night after the second wash. I use them with the 2 BG inserts (the big and the little one) though. It's an excellent nappy as well. They're a bit bulky, so I use them only for night, but if you don't care about it, it could be an option for you, as they're really so reliable.
Now I'm waiting for my two WNOS, I hope they're gonna work for us, because I soooo want to love them. :) You can try them as well, it seems they work out for most of babies.

My avatar
squidsin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby squidsin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:58 pm

I've emailed the company that manufacture BGs to ask them to add some funky patterned fabrics to their portfolio! That would be ace.

Cyrillia - my boy wees straight through the BBOS inserts in less than an hour too. It's weird, because I don't have the same problem with my BG inserts (I always use both, but still they are only microfibre). Also, the Blueberry nappies I have had started to fray and fall apart! I have only had them 3 months and don't use them all that often, so I am not very impressed.

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:35 pm

I have both, and much prefer the Bumgenius ones. Love the prints of tots bots but for everything else prefer BG!!!

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies