hf1

which insert/booster? i am clueless!!!!

My avatar
deirdrelachlana
Clothie
Clothie

which insert/booster? i am clueless!!!!

Postby deirdrelachlana » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:46 pm

Hi there, i have just bought 3 fuzzibunz second hand and think they need something to put in the pocket. can i use anything or is there a special product i should buy? do i need different things for day or night time? they are the small ones for my baby due in feb. first baby so i am trying to collect some second hand nappies to try before i decide what is best. any advice would be great as i have just bought 28 fleece liners and i think this is something different now. they were cheap so not to bad a mistake. thanks for any replies.
Deirdre

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: which insert/booster? i am clueless!!!!

Postby northernruth » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:21 pm

Welcome to our world!

You can stuff them with anything absorbent, fuzzibunz generally come with a micrifibre insert, most will fit, check out the classifieds

I used to use a micofibre insert with a hemp booster , you can also use terry nappies, or muslin cloths for a new born, or old tea towels - you might need to experiment to see what works for you both absorbency wise and fit wise (how much you stuff them affects the fit)

You can also use microfibre cloths from the cleaning aisle in the supermarket - Wilcos do 3 for 199 I seem to recall

Pockets are easier once you have the stuffing sorted out but they take a bit of messing about with at first until you find what works for you

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: which insert/booster? i am clueless!!!!

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:36 pm

we use bamboo and hemp, bamboo terry squares work well as a quick absorbant top layer as Ruth says mf cloths work well xx

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies