hf1

Toddler now outweeing BB inserts

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Toddler now outweeing BB inserts

Postby ramsons » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:27 pm

Blueberry sidesnaps are one of our favourtie nappies and they would always last us 3-4hrs in the past.
Now with the sized BB inserts they are coming out soaked after about 2hrs.

We use fitted's at home and tend to use pockets when we're out. I'm wondering what to try and stuff them with now to get a longer out of them. I tried putting an extra layer of hemp under the BB insert and seemed to end up with a very wet patch in the middle that was wicking back through the fleece.

Ideally I want to avoid bamboo becuase of the drying time and we don't have a tumbler. Any suggestions ds is 18months and not close to potty training yet!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Toddler now outweeing BB inserts

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:30 pm

Hmmm I was going to suggest bamboo I'm afraid...

If you got lots of bamboo inserts you'd have spare for when they're drying...

PD bamboo inserts are fab...

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:49 am

Same here, bamboo. They take longer to dry, but then that's because they absorb more. But I have bamboo inserts I use with my BG pockets, as an extra to the 2 inserts the nappies come with and they work well for us. I bought lots of bamboo inserts for when some are drying, I still have some to use.

I got some bamboo boosters brand new off a well know auction site ;) - they are little lamb ones and are slim too. :)

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:55 am

I have never used a BB nappy but what about an Easy Peasy hemp booster inder the insert? I think they dry quicker than my bamboo boosters...

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:43 pm

megansmummy wrote:I have never used a BB nappy but what about an Easy Peasy hemp booster inder the insert? I think they dry quicker than my bamboo boosters...

I tried putting some extra hemp under and although its not all then getting soaked, the BB booster has mf on one side so I'm getting a very wet patch in the middle that's squishing back through the fleece. :roll: So I think I need to give up on the BB insert altogether, which is a shame because they've worked well for us up to now.

I've got a couple of pieces of bamboo, so I'm going to try one of them with a couple of pieces of hemp and see how that does. I'm trying to avoid buying more bamboo as I don't really have the drying space for it and I get annoyed with it taking forever to dry.
I might try making a cotton booster to go on top of the hemp and see if that doesn't squish back out again. It won't cost me anything to make and try anyway

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:39 pm

ramsons wrote: I don't really have the drying space for it and I get annoyed with it taking forever to dry.

Get a sock hanger from your local pound shop like this one:
They take up way less room and you can hang loads of inserts on them - I tend to leave a gap between each insert so there's more space so they dry quicker but you don't have to buy just one ;)

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/smalls-dryer/ ... duct/20789

My avatar
ramsons
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ramsons » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:09 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Get a sock hanger from your local pound shop like this one:
They take up way less room and you can hang loads of inserts on them - I tend to leave a gap between each insert so there's more space so they dry quicker but you don't have to buy just one ;)

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/smalls-dryer/ ... duct/20789

I wonder how dh would take it if he woke up one morning and found the shelia maid had had babies overnight :giggle:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:08 pm

ramsons wrote:I wonder how dh would take it if he woke up one morning and found the shelia maid had had babies overnight :giggle:

:hohoho:

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies