hf1

suedecloth inners like BG but to fit bigger toddlers??

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

suedecloth inners like BG but to fit bigger toddlers??

Postby rachelinscotland » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:53 pm

I know I've tried a *lot* of nappies, but many of you have tried even more than me! :hohoho: So thought maybe someone might know!

I've recently bought some Bumgenius pockets for Benjamin, since he's getting itchy (and scratching! :cry: ) with feeling wet in fitted nappies! I know he's over 2.5yo and ought to be potty training, but the severe scratching he does with eczema makes it necessary to have him covered with secure clothes, and I'm not really sure if it's safe to attempt potty training yet, as he'll be dripping with blood and have infected skin everywhere! So, for now I'm just wanting to make him feel a bit more confortable. And I think the suedecloth inners on the BG seem to make him feel better, as fleece lined pockets just made him get too warm. Only problem is, he's a big boy, and the BG are quite snug on him, barely meeting the velcro on them! So, does anyone know of any other pockets about with the same kind of inners? I know Minki Waffles (fitteds) are supposed to have a suedecloth inner, but it's very different to the ones in the BGs, and IMHO still feels very damp - I hated them, I'm afraid! I seem to remember *some* Wonderoos had a suedecloth inner, which was very much like the BG, IIRC. But I ended up selling all of ours, so don't remember how they compared in size to the BG, but I don't think they were huge. And the newer Wonderoos (hiphipbaby) had a fleece inner which I really didn't like! (Yeah, I'm picky - I know! :giggle: Not to mention long winded!)

So are there any other pockets I should know about? Even Chinese ones maybe - what kind of inners do Coolababy's have?

Hoping someone has some tips for me! :D TIA!

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: suedecloth inners like BG but to fit bigger toddlers??

Postby wytch » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:20 pm

i know bpocket bots were going to stock sudecloth inners in the pockets soon might be worth a try they might even be able to make them bigger if you need them.
and neppulla (sp?) fron finland do a coolmax inner which might be worth a try

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:27 pm

wytch wrote:i know bpocket bots were going to stock sudecloth inners in the pockets soon might be worth a try they might even be able to make them bigger if you need them.
and neppulla (sp?) fron finland do a coolmax inner which might be worth a try

Afraid we never got on well with Pocketbots (always leaked/wicked) but it's posible they've improved the design, as it was a while ago.

I do want to try a Coolmax inner pocket, but pockets like that are rather pricey, and I'd need quite a few for a stash of them! Maybe I'll find one secondhand to try out. Neppula's large (I had a fitted stuffable) was too big on the legs for Benjamin, so not sure how the pockets would fit. I've just seen Tirsokas today and they look really good, but just rather expensive to test!

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:06 pm

the old cotton pul outter on pocketbots used to wick for us bus now there all poly pul fabric i dont get wicking. i just got a preloved nep pocket large and its a perfect fit on my dd on the tights snapps and she is waist 20in rise 19in legs 11in

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:06 am

The new Pop n Gro has a suedecloth inner but it is an AI2 rather than a pocket. It fits really well on Louis (3.5 years) even boosted as a night nappy.

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:32 am

clothmama wrote:The new Pop n Gro has a suedecloth inner but it is an AI2 rather than a pocket. It fits really well on Louis (3.5 years) even boosted as a night nappy.

Oh, is that the nappy from Lollipop? I've not tried one of them yet - maybe it should be on my list for testing! :mrgreen: I had the Pop-in from Close and *hated* it - it made Benjamin feel very itchy with the bindings on the legs. So maybe I should have a try of the Pop n Gro! :)

My avatar
ruby
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ruby » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:09 pm

Pocket Bots also sell just suedecloth fabric. Maybe you could make suedecloth liners for your fitteds?

Ruth

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:12 pm

ruby wrote:Pocket Bots also sell just suedecloth fabric. Maybe you could make suedecloth liners for your fitteds?

Ruth

Good idea! Might help, even though they'd not be totally lined. do you know at all how the suedecloth at PB compares to the suedecloth that Minki have?

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies