hf1

PEE'ING OUT OF POCKETS :-(

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

PEE'ING OUT OF POCKETS :-(

Postby Shaunie » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:30 pm

LO was fine in pocket nappies using a m/f insert until he was 1. We then switched to PD bamboo insert & a EP hemp booster but he appears to be out wee'ing them in around 2 hours (I'd like him to to go 3 hours :wink: ). Any suggestions? Don't want to add any more bulk as already struggle getting trousers up over his nappies :giggle:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: PEE'ING OUT OF POCKETS :-(

Postby Frances » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:01 pm

Some LO's are such heavy wetters that they can't use pockets. Are you putting the hemp under the bamboo? It's a slow absorber so should always go at the bottom. Two hours isn't too bad, but if you want him to go longer, you might need to switch to fitteds which should last longer, especially if used with wool.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:03 pm

We had this problem when my daughter reached 8 months and nothing we tried worked :( We gave up pockets and went to fittds...I dont even own a pocket nappy now for Ds as i was so dissapointed with dd! :(

Hope you get it worked out!! :hug:

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:09 pm

I feared that was the case! I put the hemp under the bamboo & was convinced this would work :( . I have no clue about fitteds, what's good, what's not so not sure what to try out. I also love the ease of using a pocket. How do fitteds compare with pockets for bulk? We currently use BBOS & Mommy's Touch. Thanks :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:13 pm

I don't think you'll get longer than 2 hours out of any pocket whatever its stuffed with if he's outweeing that combination of inserts. I use PD and EP in my pockets and we can only get a max of 2 hours out of one on the odd days I use pockets. (Katie is in fitteds and wool 90% of the time.)

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:13 pm

Fitteds are a similar bulk to pockets, maybe a little less. If you use a separate wrap, then trousers, they get quite bulky though. That's why I prefer longies (wool trousers), shorties and skirties with wool; they act as a moisture resistant layer so you don't need a wrap.

My most absorbant fitteds are Weenotions NorthernLights and bamboo Baby Beehinds. Bamboo Little Lambs are also good.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies