Insert success, I think...

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Insert success, I think...

Postby Cyrillia » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 pm

Hey All,

Our first day back in cloth is going well, with the first nappy on DS being a coolababy pocket stuffed with a PD bamboo and EP hemp. Well, he didn't wet through, but it was changed after an hour and a half as he'd poo'd. He's now in a WNNL, with the top layer of the snap-in insert folded in half to give an extra bit of coverage in his wet zone. The thing I wanted to check is this, in the pocket I folded the PD bambo in half, then had the hemp underneath. When I took the nappy off him, the front part of the inserts were saturated, and the back bone dry. Should I have perhaps folded the top layer of the PD in half again to give more coverage up front? Or would the wet have seeped to the back over time?

Sarah
x

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Insert success, I think...

Postby mamaellie » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:38 pm

I mostly use hemp boosters, but I find hemp and high-percentage bamboo fabric don't spread the wetness out quite as much. I almost always use something microfibre over top of the hemp or bamboo in pockets to help with this very thing. You could fold more in the front if you're not worried about bulk.

My avatar
quinnsfluffybum
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby quinnsfluffybum » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:08 am

Cyrillia wrote: The thing I wanted to check is this, in the pocket I folded the PD bambo in half, then had the hemp underneath. When I took the nappy off him, the front part of the inserts were saturated, and the back bone dry.

Sarah
x

I use bamboo (PD or GK) and hemp underneath. When I change DS after 3-4 hours the whole inserts are sopping as the wetness has seeped backwards. But if he's changed sooner, they are exactly how you've described.

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:05 pm

Thanks both, things are looking quite positive that this is a good combo for DS at the moment! :D

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies