OMG I love Wee Notions

My avatar
GemnMoo
Clothie
Clothie

OMG I love Wee Notions

Postby GemnMoo » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:37 pm

:idea:

Ok I am fairly new to cloth nappies and brought some of those cheap ones off ebay from hong kong I think to see if we get on, and we have muddled along :giggle:

But I have always noticed that they never really fitted her right at the front they are poppered I know nothing about rises or fits they are pockets never had a leak with them and they fit perfect around the legs but its just the front :roll:

They are done up to the smallest but not overlapped. does that make sense I barely do :giggle: and the edges of the nappy that are poppered seem to fall down (I'm reading this back to myself and it doesnt make sense hoplefully someone will get it) :giggle:

And so I thought I would try something new and brought my first Preloved WNOS on Aplix and god its perfect snug as a bug in a rug shes been wearing it for 2 hours now and no leaks yet to be poop tested :lol: but the rise is perfect the sides dont slip the only thing is the leg holes seem high but since we've had no leaks yet so Its obviously not an issue.

SO..... my question is do you think I should steer clear of poppers and go for SS and Aplix got 2 tots bots AIO to test yet with Aplix its all so confusing :oops: :gaah: :giggle: shes quite long not so sure about the skinny bit :giggle: nearly 23lb 1yr old

Thanks in advance

Gem

My avatar
quinnsfluffybum
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: OMG I love Wee Notions

Postby quinnsfluffybum » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:41 pm

:idea: I love WN pockets too. It's all I'm using for Quinn at the moment (tho I'm contemplating trying some fitteds.......)

Anyway, I like SS as they have 2 rows of snaps so you can adjust them differently for the waist & legs.
Aplix is good as long as your LO doesn't undo them!!
Why not try one of each to see what you prefer? They sell on really well in the classifieds so someone'll take it off your hands if it doesn't work.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:14 pm

What you're describing is 'wing droop'. We get that with all front fastening nappies so we only use side snapping ones now. The only pockets we use are Wee Notions side snaps, we love them. I'd get a mixture of applix fastening and side snapping pockets if I were you - I wouldn't get too many applix fastening nappies as some LO's learn to undo them very quickly. :roll: :giggle:

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:10 pm

I love my WNOS front popper fastening - it is perfect :D

My avatar
GemnMoo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby GemnMoo » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:53 pm

Louise wrote:What you're describing is 'wing droop'. We get that with all front fastening nappies so we only use side snapping ones now. The only pockets we use are Wee Notions side snaps, we love them. I'd get a mixture of applix fastening and side snapping pockets if I were you - I wouldn't get too many applix fastening nappies as some LO's learn to undo them very quickly. :roll: :giggle:

makes sense now :giggle: shall look for more SS got tots bots AIO which I tried today and they are fab too s shall stick with WN and TB now thanks for the Info :widesmile: I know what you mean about the Aplix she already tried after watching me :giggle:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:41 pm

I love our WNs too, they're super reliable and fabulously made :mrgreen:. I just saw two larges for sale on usednappies.co.uk (ssh!) ...

My avatar
Sally
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Sally » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:26 pm

I love weenotions too have 2 NL in small and 4 0S pockets the pockets are my favs a lovely reliable fit on my nearly 5 week old!
Had wing droop and a bad fit with the wonderoos but love the WN so snug and fluffy! going to try some SS when she grows out of her itti's as I am using them too at the mo! xxx

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:18 pm

Wee Notions is amazing. I have a fleece AI2 (no pul) and it is my fave nappy atm.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies