hf1

What is this?

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

What is this?

Postby freckle » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:43 pm

I know you will all have a name for it that I just don't know yet and wondering if you can give any tips to help us out.

Whenever we use pockets with trousers or even a vest over the top they seem to seep out - the outer of the nappy gets wet, normally near the crotch/inner thigh area. Can pressure on the napper from clothing make them leak? Am I not stuffing enough? The inserts are never particularly that wet , especially at the top back.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: What is this?

Postby Annette » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:03 pm

wicking :wink:

are they cotton outer pockets - these can be particularly prone to wicking?

tight clothing can also cause it - do you use poppered vests?

also microfibre is prone to being squished and letting the liquid out - are you using mf inserts, perhaps swap to bamboo or hemp?

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:09 pm

we used to get that from poppered vests too, oh i miss poppered vests!

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:13 pm

We use BBOS, UDOS, GKs and those Modern Baby Pop in ones. All of them do it :( No microfibre though.

I'll stop with the vests and buy him some bigger trousers in the sales and hope that gives him a bit more nappy space.

Thanks!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:19 pm

yeah, I would say it must be the tight fitting clothes then, especially if the inserts aren't that wet

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:20 pm

u can get vests that r just like t shirts, so no popper between the legs, just a thought. we use alot of wool and fitted now but still like our normal clothes days. that's why i love minki wraps. just need a few more methinks, only got 5 :giggle:

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:26 pm

We have quite a bit of wool but each time my mum knits them my son grows so although they are great at home they're not 'going out' clothes as they are ankle biters! :giggle: It's a shame as I prefer to use pockets while out but they are not any easier if they keep leaking! lol

Thanks ladies.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies