hf1

Is Swaddlebee Eco-Nappi a pocket nappy? Any good ?

My avatar
worcestercat
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Is Swaddlebee Eco-Nappi a pocket nappy? Any good ?

Postby worcestercat » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:42 pm

I read something about the Eco-nappi having organic velour flaps moving in and out or something :giggle: but also allowing you to stuff a pocket as well?? Anyway, I am a bit confused abot that.

The reason is, I am looking to add to my Bum genius and Blueberrys with a 'pocket-type' but with a natural material lining and liked the look of these. Does the natural material next to the skin effect how waterproof it is? For example, meaning the wee doesn't wick away as quickly as it could.

:-?

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Is Swaddlebee Eco-Nappi a pocket nappy? Any good ?

Postby lazylexis » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:20 pm

Not tried these but have you tried the blueberry os bamboo nappy?
The bamboo inserts are pretty good and we boost with an ep hemp too.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:48 pm

I've got one in blue that I bought awhile back. I've yet to use it as have just switched back to cloth after using 'sposies for the last 10 months. However its my next one for trial so will let you know how I get on with it.

Have to say I love the feel of the inside - its so soft and snuggly so hope it works as good as it feels. :)

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:45 pm

Tried him in his eco-nappi this morn but was a mini-disaster as he took his morning nap in it and it leaked out of the front :( I've put this down to the fact he was lying on his tummy as all the wetness was at the front of the nappy and was dry at the back. I'm more used to applix fastening than snaps and so I must ave fastened it up wrong. :shock:

I did find a previous post by someone who uses this nappy very successfully for their heavy-wetter by adding an extra bamboo insert and it lasts them 3-4 hours.

Maybe look for a pre-loved one if u def want to try it as I know its quite a pricey nappy compared with BGs. :)

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:18 pm

I got one of these pre-loved & it fits and performs the same as my BBOS IMO :wink:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:25 pm

We used them for Evie, they were fine, it did take a fair few washes for the insert to get up to full absorbancy so perhaps that why you got a leak? Im talking up to 10 washes for it to be up to full absorbancy. I think they might have wicked a little at the legs too if there wasnt enough boosting, but with the insert it comes with and an Easy Peasy hemp insert we used it like the other pockets which lasted Evie about 3 hours.

If I remember rightly I wasnt fussed on whatever the pocket was lined with - it didnt keep Evies bum as dry as her fleece lined pockets.

My avatar
worcestercat
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby worcestercat » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:44 pm

I will give both of these a go maybe then? The BBOS bamboo and the eco-nappi. I am maybe a bit concerned that I also read somewhere that it can leave the skin damp, being a natural material. Only, my littke girl has a tendancy to suffer from rashes etc if her skin is damp.

:hug: for all your replies.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies