hf1

Green kids funtimes

My avatar
worcestercat
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Green kids funtimes

Postby worcestercat » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:47 pm

I have ordered two of these since seeing some really good reviews but am now getting a bit concerned that they probably won't last very long, being the cotton, patterned versions. I have bought the GK bamboo insert and plan to use a MF thin top with the bamboo, followed by an EP hemp.

I have pocket bot cotton and it doesn't last more than 1 1/2 hours and I am just worried that the GK will be the same. Has anyone got any experience of this? I think i would rather send them back straight away than wash them and waste money.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Green kids funtimes

Postby Louise » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:54 pm

If its a cotton outer it will likely be the same as any other cotton outer nappy so if you don't get on with the others you probably won't with these. I think I'd send them back for a refund if I was you.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:55 pm

I think it'll probably last longer than a pocket bot as for some reason we never got good lastability even out of a poly outer pocket bot...
We used to get on ok with happy heinys cotton outers though but you are right it won't last ages...

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:04 pm

Not tried the funtimes.we're fans of the anytimes tho.in those we use the bamboo insert,a little lamb booster and one of the small greenkids boosters and they'll last 4 hours of have lasted 6 on a long car journey.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
worcestercat
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby worcestercat » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:26 pm

Gah... it's a bit annoying. Just wanted some pweety nappy stuffs. Can't be doing with those boring poly colours!
:cry:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

We have a couple of GK funtimes and although they tend to wick a bit sooner than the anytimes, we can get a good 3 hours out of them. But then we don't really have problems with cotton nappies. I would say if you don't get on with cotton outers then you may want to send them back - or maybe a compromise, try one and then you can at least send the others back and sell that in the classifieds if you don't get one with it.

My avatar
squidsin
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby squidsin » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:08 pm

I love Green Kids anytimes but I find the funtimes wick - and my son isn't a particularly heavy wetter. If you want prints, go for a Neppula or a Hahtuvulla (think that's how you spell it) instead. They are made of some synthetic fabric that doesn't wick and are cool as beans.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:36 am

The Happy Heiny OS have some pretty prints that are poly so won't wick ;)

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:37 pm

We didnt get on with them, in fact anything with a cotton outer was a no go due to wicking.... the minkytimes are supposed to be brill though....

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies