hf1

Help with fuzzis

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Help with fuzzis

Postby ktinkley » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:30 pm

I bought a fuzzi the other week - large - been washed, never worn.

Looks lovely but has leaked both times I've used it!

What should I be stuffing it with - I used hemp and mf first time and mf and terry the second time as I thought the hemp I'd put in maybe wasn't enough.

What seems to be happening is she's weeing sideways :hohoho: is this even possible?!

I haven't really used pockets and wanted to try a fuzzi as they're supposed to be good for keeping them dry and we have massive rash issues.

Just not sure if it's a case of a bad fit on DD or me doing something wrong with it.

My avatar
cazza1982_123
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Help with fuzzis

Postby cazza1982_123 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:01 pm

Hello there,

I have some fuzzis and think they are fab. They have leaked for me when I've used microfibre (the fuzzi inserts that come with the nappy) - even with hemp underneath. I think the mf squishes all the wee out apparently. Also I have found that if I've done them up too tight they can also leak as well.

Now I stuff them with a small prefold with hemp underneath or a p'tit dessous bamboo insert with hemp underneath and they are practically bombproof! Good luck hope you sort it :hug:

Caroline x

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:36 pm

hi hun. just a little thought i have just had.....i noticed your babys age in your ticker. i dont know her weight but could it be the large is too big for her? only saying this as i use fuzzis on ethan. he is almost 8 months old and weighs around 18 to 19 lbs and hes still in the medium size with plenty of room still for at least a couple of months as theres still poppers to go when i do his nappies up. ive got some large and am still buying more for when he outgrows the medium and i tried one on him the other day and it was too big and there was some leg gape going on which would cause leaks from the side and legs if you know what i mean.

its just a thought hun.
hope you get it sorted. x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:41 pm

angiepangie2809 wrote:hi hun. just a little thought i have just had.....i noticed your babys age in your ticker. i dont know her weight but could it be the large is too big for her? only saying this as i use fuzzis on ethan. he is almost 8 months old and weighs around 18 to 19 lbs and hes still in the medium size with plenty of room still for at least a couple of months as theres still poppers to go when i do his nappies up. ive got some large and am still buying more for when he outgrows the medium and i tried one on him the other day and it was too big and there was some leg gape going on which would cause leaks from the side and legs if you know what i mean.

its just a thought hun.
hope you get it sorted. x

I agree that the sizing could be an issue. I haven't used Fuzzis on Katie but Ryan wore Ms almost up to PTing and then we moved onto Petite Toddler for a couple of months. We don't get on with mf either, it's not great for heavy wetters, as PP said it squishes out the liquid when compressed and can cause wicking. I'd try it without any mf and see how you get on. Also how tight fitting were the clothes over the nappy as that can cause wicking with pockets too.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:45 pm

Another one here who thinks it might be too big, we used mediums on Martha until potty training. We did successfully use microfibre tho, but only as a top pad over something more absorbent underneath (greenkids bamboo inserts or rainforest baby hemp inserts)

I loved our fuzzis and they were my favourite nappies, nice and cheap to buy secondhand too - reminds me I must put mine on the classifieds!

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:19 pm

northernruth wrote:Another one here who thinks it might be too big, we used mediums on Martha until potty training. We did successfully use microfibre tho, but only as a top pad over something more absorbent underneath (greenkids bamboo inserts or rainforest baby hemp inserts)

I loved our fuzzis and they were my favourite nappies, nice and cheap to buy secondhand too - reminds me I must put mine on the classifieds!

ooooh if you have any non girly coloured petites or larges let me know hun. am on the look out. :wink:

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:24 pm

I am fuzzi queen!

I use two microfibre inserts all the time with a heavy wetter - BUT lots of people I know prefer hemp.

The thing is when they changed the sizing/design from pointy to square tabs they made them slightly bigger. So a large a few years ago would have been fine on a 9 month old but now may be a tad big.

Also with fuzzis if you overstuff them they gape at the gusset/leg which causes leaks.

Make sure they are on the snuggest fitting and if struggling with sizing in the meantime chuck a cover over the top til grown into rather than investing in more nappies.

Vickix

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:01 pm

angiepangie2809 wrote:
northernruth wrote:Another one here who thinks it might be too big, we used mediums on Martha until potty training. We did successfully use microfibre tho, but only as a top pad over something more absorbent underneath (greenkids bamboo inserts or rainforest baby hemp inserts)

ooooh if you have any non girly coloured petites or larges let me know hun. am on the look out. :wink:

Sorry hon they are all medium and either pink or peach!!!

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ktinkley » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:38 pm

I think maybe I overstuffed it?

Haven't tried it again - it's been so cold she's either been in wool or her new LLS soakers and some gorgeous thin, silky soft, merino trousers someone just gave me from NZ.

She is a very big 8m :oops: - she's in mostly 12-18m clothes, just moving into 18-24m in some brands......so I doubt it's too big - in fact I was thinking maybe I had it fastened too tight, as I had it on the smallest poppers. You could see the fleece inner, so maybe if I did them a little looser then the leg elastic would be able to fold back in - IYSWIM?

The clothes over the top were quite loose - cos obviously I've been stuffing wool soakers under them til now :hohoho:

Hmmm - will have to have another try. I'll try some stuffing other than mf - the terry I used was quite a thick insert, so will try something cotton and thinner maybe wrapped round hemp for a start.

Thanks for the comments - gives me a few things to try - I don't want to use pockets much, just occasionally when I want her to wear tights or dungerees. We're loving our wool, so will stick with that and fitteds most of the time.

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies