hf1

medium standard minkis rubbing ethans legs help

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

medium standard minkis rubbing ethans legs help

Postby angiepangie2809 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:23 pm

hi. finaly thought i had got this whole night nappy thing sorted as have been using medium standard fleece minkis (only got 2 so far so have been using them in rotation with some old style ud pockets but i prefer the minkis as no leaks with them at all.
anyway was realy happy with myself, have orderd some more new minkis to complete my night stash as want to use them every night and not the ud ones as they are leaking a bit...anyway etahns woke up 2 mornings in a row with red marks on his thighs where the nappy is rubbing his leg. and they havnt gone away or faded. he doesnt seem bothered by them but i think they will get worse if i continue using them everynight.
can any of you advise what i can do?

thanks in advance x

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: medium standard minkis rubbing ethans legs help

Postby fluffycabbage » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:26 pm

is it only with the new ones? is he teething? washed them differently? are they too small on the legs? x

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:12 am

What sort of marks are they? Digging marks from elastic or more like nappy rash? Lucas gets nappy rash type marks on his thighs every morning if the nappy is very wet (I have to boost EVERY night nappy I have) or if he is wearing pockets and it has leaked slightly. A bit odd as he doesn't get it on his bum just his thighs.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:15 am

Dawn gets simular when we use the UD fleece wrpa we have. Don't know why. As you said, it doesnt bother her at all, and we use fleece liners with no problems... :-?

My avatar
Scraggy
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Scraggy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:38 am

I had the same problem with Fuzzi's during the day, so i've gone back to fitteds and wool and they work a treat.

Mandy x

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:05 am

thanks girls. they are the used ones i bought off cnt. they have been used before with no problems over the past few weeks and its only now there seems to be a problem. i havnt changed washing powder or anything and for once i dont think he is teething. the marks are like a red line on the top outside of his thigh. more like rub marks than nappy rash. i have always used fleece liners with his nappys with no probs so i dont think its the fleece. i think perhaps it could be that the elastic is a little tight (its only on one leg its happened though and the nappy fits him perfectly in every other respect with lots of growing room everywhere else) ironicaly i use fuzzis and coolababies pockets all the time during the day with no probs whatso ever and no rubbing legs. i did buy some rainboww bb pockets a few months ago (pretty much identical to coolababy pockets but in my opinion slightly better made and better quality but i had the same problem as this with them so sold them on. am worried now in case the new standard minkis arrive that ive ordered and they will do the same thing and like i say they are perfect in every way and have been up until this started a few days ago. the large size would be too big for him (ive got a used large one and have tried it) and we get bad leg gape due to it being far too big.
i am not sure what to do now realy?
any ideas? :-?

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:36 am

what about cutting a huge fleece liner so it overlaps the legs so the elsatic isn't touching his legs

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:51 am

babyjjbaby wrote:what about cutting a huge fleece liner so it overlaps the legs so the elsatic isn't touching his legs

its funny you should say that cause i did think about trying this as it goes...was just a bit concerned it might wick.
i think i might give it a go hun and see what happens as ive got fleece fabric here already.

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:09 pm

You shouldn't get any wicking with fleece. I would persevere TBH. if it isn't causing him any discomfort i wouldn't worry but try the fleece. You would know if he was in pain when you put the nappy on :D

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies