hf1

medium standard minkis rubbing ethans legs help

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: medium standard minkis rubbing ethans legs help

Postby fluffycabbage » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:05 am

i know what you mean, its not nice seeing something like that. after all, we wouldnt wear something so tight it left red marks, so why should your baby,right?!
You could try loosening the waist a bit, so that the leg holes are bigger (or rather leg hole, if its just one side). Shouldnt make too much difference if the waist is a bit baggy. its the legs you need to be more concerned about tbh.
Have you tried a large slinki minki? the large standard is too big for my son who is 3 years old :shock: :giggle: but the slinki is great - i bet that would work for you. You could swap your new ones for large slinkis instead then :wink:

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:04 pm

We get the same red marks with pockets and wraps made by Minki. I have to make sure he doesn't wear a Minki pocket or wrap for several days before a hospital appointment or I get asked why he has big red marks on his legs and it obviously looks awful!! :oops:

I am thinking about asking the lady if next time I order if she could maybe make the elastic in the legs a bit looser. It's not even like Findlay is a big chunk and that' what is causing the marks either as he's only 10lb 3oz at pretty much 9 months and he is v long and skinny so not even a chubby boy and well within the 8lb-15lb weight guideline for the small size!

Other than the red marks I absolutely love Minki nappies and wraps as they are totally bombproof for overnight and the wraps aren't anywhere near as poofy as WN ones.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:36 pm

we've had red marks on one thigh the past few nights too, never been a problem before! Last night I did the legs a bit looser and it was fine. Large are too big for us but the large slinkis fit fine!

Previous

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies