hf1

WNSS leaking through snaps

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

WNSS leaking through snaps

Postby Tara84 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:41 pm

I bought a pre-loved wnss a couple of weeks ago and today is the 2nd time she's worn it since then. She's had it on for about 1.5 hours and just noticed a wet patch on her vest over the snaps. I've put a homemade 6 layer hemp jersey insert in there and a microfibre cloth and their wet but not soaking. The wing on one side feels a bit damp as if the wee is seeping through the poppers :-?
Will a quick blast in the tumble dryer fix it and should I put in on full heat or gentle and how long for?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: WNSS leaking through snaps

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Could be build up or just the pul needs re-sealing, I know when I get new SS with cuddlesoft inners I have to tumble them first. 10 mins on full heat should do it x

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:12 am

:shock: Never heard of that happening before! Definitely worth a try in the tumble dryer, hope it sorts it for you!

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:22 pm

I'll try it in the tumble dryer and see if it's any better tomorrow. It's one of the old style ones and the poppers go all the way through all the fabric where as on the new one that I have the poppers only go through the minkee on the outside, don't know if that has anything to with it. Her vests are getting a bit tight on her too so that's probably not helping, will have to get some bigger ones or some extenders.

My avatar
simlou
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby simlou » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:36 pm

I've had exactly the same problem -we got leakage from the left hand popper bit and my poppers go all the way through too! Did the dryer sort it out for you? Am going to try that this afternoon. Love them so much I don't want to part with them!!!!! Fingers crossed the dryer works. :(

My avatar
Tara84
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Tara84 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:09 pm

I think so :giggle: she's worn it once since and that was to her 8 week check and the doctor didn't do it up properly so had leaked out of the legs and waist(I could get my whole arm through the gap on the waist :roll: ) but nothing by the snaps.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies