hf1

Pockets leaking

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Pockets leaking

Postby smilinglou » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:09 pm

When do pockets and AIO's stop leaking, I tried them on my newborn and they leaked so we're on tot bots with motherease wraps which are great but they are bulky and leave red marks on her skin but I don't think this causes her any discomfort, I was wondering when and if ever our bumgenius pockets and AIO's will stop leaking, I know it's a small baby thing and she is now a month old and filled out a bit more, we have loads of pockets and AIO's! Wonderoos, bumgenius, swaddlebees, motherease, am I going to have to sell them all and buy more two parters, I love the pockets and AIO's but now it seems purely for cosmetic reasons lol

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Pockets leaking

Postby northernruth » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:34 pm

No don't sell them, they are great. We only used them from 6 months tho so can't offer any advice as to when they will fit weel, but I would guess from about 3 months if they are birth to potty

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:41 pm

That is encouraging, I loved them even before she was born and sort of 'accidently' mass bought, we have birth to pottys, some small and a couple medium and absolutely millions of inserts of all different kinds!
They will work, they will, even if I have to tape them on lol

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:47 pm

BG fit my DD from birth (but she was an ounce shy of 9lb at birth). I think one size pockets fit LOs better once they get a little chub on their thighs.

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:03 pm

I love that bit of chub on her thighs!! lol very cute,will try the small bumgenius again and WILL be amazed at how brilliant and non leaking they are! :mrgreen:

ah they are AIO's though, do you think i will have any luck with these, maybe i should fish out the btp pockets instead and stick some inserts in, it's all about the experimentation

My avatar
cvdbout
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby cvdbout » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:16 pm

I've never used the AIOs, but the BTP pockets fit DD very early (she was 9lbs 4oz at birth ad never lost any). I seem to remember them not fitting DS until he was about 3 months - his legs were too skinny before then.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:21 pm

Why are they leaking? Do they fit badly or are they just not absorbent enough? I know several people have used BG pockets successfully from birth. Personally I only ever used fitteds and wool/fleece with the occasional PUL wrap until Katie started weaning.

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:15 pm

we've got an bumgenius, small AIO on her now, with a nice big bit of muslin under her to catch any leakage, will see what happens, if it leaks i will try the motherease aio (im finding the less good looking nappies do the job better lol) then will try a bumgenius pocket.

i think they (swaddlebees aio and pockets, bumgenius aio) leaked before as she was too little but strangely it leaked out the top, i cant remember if it was loose at the top before, its not now but obviously with movement there is normally a gap anyway so cant see why that would have been why :-?

My avatar
simlou
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby simlou » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:29 pm

It really depends on the shape and growth rate of your little one! Ewan has been wearing bumgenius, blueberrys and itti bittis from 4 weeks old but I've found even with the same nappy the fit can alter depending on whether he is in a chub out stage and has a little chubby belly and chubby thighs or whether he has had a growth spurt and is looking a bit thinner. Sorry this doesn't help much....what I'm trying to say is stick with them because although they may not fit this week :( , they may do next week :D. Best thing to do is keep trying them on and if you have major gapage at the top then revert back to your fitteds for a little while longer. Good luck chuck

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies