hf1

Boosters for coolababies

My avatar
janeelibaless
Clothie
Clothie

Boosters for coolababies

Postby janeelibaless » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:02 pm

Hi, Can anyone recommend a bamboo or hemp booster that will fit coolababy nappies? At the moment we use little lamb boosters with the coolababy inserts and I think that they would last longer if the boosters were the right shape. Thanks, Jane

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Boosters for coolababies

Postby vampiredreams » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:38 am

I use the included microfibre inserts, a bamboost (puddlekins) and a ep hemp...that lasts Aoife a good 3 hours

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:46 am

Lollipop do good bamboo boosters and they have free postage.

My avatar
Mambo
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Mambo » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:25 pm

I use an Easy Peasy Hemp booster under the coolababy microfibre insert. Last a good 4 hours for us like that. They are the same size and shape as the coolababy insert once washed.

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:47 pm

Mambo wrote:I use an Easy Peasy Hemp booster under the coolababy microfibre insert. Last a good 4 hours for us like that. They are the same size and shape as the coolababy insert once washed.

WSS, really good fit and absorbancy and still pretty slim.

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:19 am

I use the LL Bamboo boosters with mine, they're the same shape as the coolababies inserts. Which LL are you using?
That said they are only 2 layers of bamboo so not hugely absorbant, but enough for us. As others have suggested Easy Peasy Hemp would be better if you have a heavy wetter.

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby JabberJabber » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:28 pm

I'm definately an advocate of the easy peasy hemp boosters as they seem to be a near perfect fit. I've also noticed recently that bambino mio size 1 prefolds work well, as I needed something in an emergency! Kate

My avatar
janeelibaless
Clothie
Clothie

Postby janeelibaless » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:07 pm

Thank you all for your replies. I bought some easy peasy hemp boosters and used them under the microfibre inserts. This worked well for a while but they've started to leak again, sometimes within the hour. I'll give the prefolds a try and maybe add some bamboo boosters aswell. The little Lamb boosters that we have are about half the size as the inserts. My baby has just started nursery and I need pockets to work!

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:22 pm

Are your hemp boosters up to full absorbancy yet? I don't think they should be leaking within the hour, unless it's the fit of the nappy that's the problem.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies