hf1

Standard minki vs slinki minki fit?

My avatar
Mum2aMiracle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Standard minki vs slinki minki fit?

Postby Mum2aMiracle » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:49 am

I bought a preloved large standard minki with the intention of using it for night, but it's ENORMOUS on DD, even though she's about 25lbs so in the middle of the weight range, so I'm currently using it as a wrap over her night nappies :shock: anyway what do I go for instead a medium standard or a large slinki minki? would a medium slinki be smaller than a medium standard? I put a wanted ad for medium standard but haven't had any responses so far, but I don't really want to waste money trying new, although they have some lovely instock ones at the mo. Do you know if Michaela does customs?

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Standard minki vs slinki minki fit?

Postby joeli » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Not much help now, but Leo is in medium standard minkis at the moment and I've just bought a large slinki minki which should be here soon. If the fit is good then I'll be selling our medium standards.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:11 pm

We've been using large Slinkis since Jasmine was about 12 months. I tried a large Standard and it was ginormous, so I sold it on.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:15 pm

I recently borrowed a large standard to try on Kieren and its massive, it fits around this legs but the rise is huge and its big around his waist...I have 4 large slinkis now and i much prefer the fit of them... much much much better and I can comfortably fit enough in the pocket to last K all night too :) (either 1 p'tit dessous bamboo and 2 EP hemps, or 1 PD and a 50x50 bamboo terry...)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:37 pm

I prefer the fit of standards by far - I can't seem to get a good fit with a slinki - waist is ok I guess but we get huge leg gape :?

My avatar
Mum2aMiracle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Mum2aMiracle » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:39 pm

So I'm left with the decision of a medium standard or a large slinki :-? I emailed Michaela for sizing advice but haven't heard back from her :( so I'm still in a quandry, I guess I'll just keep my eyes peeled on the FSOT for now. Anyone have wicking issues with the minkee outers if you use them for night?

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:41 pm

depends on your dd's shape. what are the legs and waist like with the standard? still loads of room? depends how much stuffing you need overnight too. if you need tons of stuffing go for a medium standard, but if you want a trimmer fit go for the large slinki.

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:59 pm

Mum2aMiracle wrote:So I'm left with the decision of a medium standard or a large slinki :-? I emailed Michaela for sizing advice but haven't heard back from her :( so I'm still in a quandry.

I've just received my large slinki minki today. I've compared it to the medium standard that I've got and I'm pretty sure they're near enough the exact same size :shock: . Only thing is, the medium standard has got crossover tabs on the waist so can go smaller at the waist. I'll try the large slinki on tonight to see how the fit compares, though like I said, they look the exact same size.

My avatar
joeli
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby joeli » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Yup, they are definitely the same size, the L slinki is a bit smaller if anything :shock:

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies