hf1

tummy gape with WNSS

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

tummy gape with WNSS

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:56 am

Help! I bought a preloved large WNSS and have just tried it on DS and no matter how I do up the poppers I get tummy gape and am worried that if I leave him in it that it'll leak. He has chunky thighs and a slim waist and I can get a good fit with WNNL on him so am guessing the issue is with the inserts. I tried not stuffing it too far up front but, obviously, I need some material up at the front as he's a boy.

Any advice or something straight forward that I'm missing :oops:
Last edited by Emma1977 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: tummy gape with WNSS

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:15 am

:thread: :)

My avatar
Mum2aMiracle
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Mum2aMiracle » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:50 am

I'm not much help but I have the same issue, it's because the WNNLs are made from stretchy fabric (velour or terry) and I can get the snaps tighter than you can with the pocket nappies because they have the PUL in which doesn't stretch iyswim? I haven't had any tummy leaks with it being a bit gapey but then I have a girl.

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:53 am

Aw no! Sorry it's not a good fit :(

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:02 pm

I'm not sure there's a lot you can do about it if it doesn't fit well. I have the reverse problem - I can't get WNNLs to fit well at all. Is it a standard or high rise pocket? I prefer M high rise or L standard rise pockets on Katie.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:04 pm

Scotia wrote:Aw no! Sorry it's not a good fit :(

:hug: not your fault, hun. I bought it to try them out. I was in a bit of a rush this morn as well so will have another go with it at the weekend. I'm just finding that the wings are bunching up at the front leaving a gap I may just have to take the plunge and leave it on him for an hour or so and see if it actually leaks.

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:05 pm

Louise wrote:I'm not sure there's a lot you can do about it if it doesn't fit well. I have the reverse problem - I can't get WNNLs to fit well at all. Is it a standard or high rise pocket? I prefer M high rise or L standard rise pockets on Katie.

Eleanor correct me if I'm wrong :D but I think its a standard rise.

My avatar
Scotia
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Scotia » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:08 pm

Yes, maybe the insert is the problem, I find those ones a bit thick. You could try just putting the bigger one in alone to see if that's better.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies