Pocket nappies restricting movement?

My avatar
mummymarps
Clothie
Clothie

Pocket nappies restricting movement?

Postby mummymarps » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:55 am

Hi Ladies.

I have Naughty Baby pocket nappies for my son and i do really like them but i've noticed they are very bulky between his legs. He moves around so much whe his nappies off but not when its on. I wondered if the nappy could be the reason? I currently use both microfibre insert during the day and add a hemp booster for night time nappies. He isnt a heavy wetter. Do you think i could maybe use one insert or would they leak? are there any fast absorbing slim inserts?

Thanks.

Holly

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Pocket nappies restricting movement?

Postby Frances » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:58 am

It's possible that the nappies are too bulky for your LO; how old is he? In my experience the best slim and absorbant inserts are bamboo terry; I make my own but I think Puddlekins sell them.

My avatar
mummymarps
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mummymarps » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:03 am

Hi,
He's 6 1/2 months old. I'll have a look for some bamboo terry ones. I dont want to stop using them because of the inserts.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:10 am

How wet are the inserts when you take the nappy off? If they aren't both completely soaked, you could try it without one of them in there.

TBH, I don't think it makes that much difference. Bella did a lot of moving during her nappy off time, but not si much with a nappy on. She learnt to roll, sit up etc during nappy off time and then soon learnt to do it with a nappy on.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:14 am

Is he crawling or anything yet? My DD didnt crawl at all until after a year old, but that was just her taking her time! Some very bulky nappies could restrict movement slightly, but nothing is going to stop a child moving around if they are able to do so anyway :wink:

Remember that before sposies, it was common for a baby to have several terries on at once, with crinkly rubber pants over the top! Disposable nappies now advertise how slim their nappies are, and how "active" babies can be while wearing them, which can concern parents who use cloth nappies - however, remember that this is just advertising and babies will do what they wanna do regardless of how much fabric is on their bum. A bonus is that once he starts walking (and toppling over) those big nappies will be like a big soft landing cushion :giggle:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:16 am

As Gayle says, it won't hinder his development at all. Linford Christie was most likely in cloth ;)

My avatar
mummymarps
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mummymarps » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:19 am

Thanks for the reassurance :hug:

He's not even rolling yet...let alone crawling....he's just learning to sit up atm. I think i'll try one insert while we are home then if i have leaks it doesnt really matter.

xx

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies