what to you stuff with?

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

what to you stuff with?

Postby 123princesssammie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:38 pm

hey i know this has been asked before but these things always change
alesha seems to be l;eaking all the time in her pockets i have lots of different ones some with fleece, minkee,PUL, cotton etc outter and doesnt seem to make a difference, have stripped everything still no luck so thinking i not sure if am using the right thing to stuff my pockets with and do i need to get something else

i have loads of large prefolds but find them too big too fit in them

so at the moment have been stuffing with a microfibre insert, then a cotton insert on top (most are littlelamb nighttime boosters or similiar) and then on top of that i have loads of what i tihnk are bamboofleece or velour or similiar boosters they are all different but where giving to me by mrs puddlekins ages ago

so was wandering what do you use, how long does it last and what sort of wetter would you say your LO is? x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: what to you stuff with?

Postby Louise » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:57 pm

We don't get on with mf in pockets at all - we always got pressure wicking. I use a PD bamboo insert with an EP hemp underneath. I'd probably ditch the mf and get some hemp to use under your bamboo.

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:06 pm

We use Blueberry combo inserts and that works fine.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:08 pm

Hemp and MF mostly, with a big of Bamboo and cotton.

Put faster absorbing inserts on the top (MF, cotton) and slower ones on the bottom (hemp) Not sure if bamboo is faster or slower :-?

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:17 pm

we use a pd insert and sometimes put a easy peasy hem p in aswell

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:30 pm

I don't use many pockets except BG's (with the MF insert) but when I do use others I use blueberry combi too. My pockets last 2-3 hours so not long really compared to fitteds which last up to 4. I would probably class Lucas as a medium - heavy wetter (heavy at night) But he doesn't sit still for long so compression wicking isn't a major problem. Also he is pretty much always in wool even over pockets so if we get small leaks I wouldn't notice anyway :oops:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:53 pm

We can't use pockets any more, as Iris outpees them too quickly. I gave up (about 6 months ago) when she started outpeeing a Babeco bamboo booster on top of a hemp Big Weed or a hemp Wonderfulls, on top of a EP hemp booster. That combo used to last an absolute maximum of 3 hours; often a lot less. Iris is a heavy wetter, so we couldn't use MF at all.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:58 pm

We don't find mf or cotton anywhere near absorbent enough. we stuff our BG with 2 of these
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002 ... YS4NNPK5YE

ontop of 2 easy peasy hemp

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Peasy-pocket-na ... 50&sr=1-11

both are cheapest from easy peasy direct
http://s281745919.websitehome.co.uk/
we get 3 hours from that

we also use ptits dessous but they're more expensive and we use one of those with an EP hemp during the day and 2 with 3 ep hemp at night!

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:16 am

In my blueberries I use the combo insert with an easy peasy hemp in the middle of it, in fuzzis I use the microfibre insert with a rainforest babies hemp insert.

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies