hf1

We're close to giving up

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: We're close to giving up

Postby smilinglou » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:40 pm

I have piccys! they are huge, will try to resize. It is a very strange phenomenom if thats how its spelt, im quite concerned that its because the nappies may be dying on me but then the wonderoos are like new! what are longies, do they go under normal clothes? the vest idea makes sense, the vest is normally wet along the edge bits

The white bit doesnt look like its not meant to be there that's what i dont understand, i stuff them with the insert that came with them

the nature baby disposables have never irritated her skin whereas pampers/huggies do, the ingredients look a lot better on the naty disposies

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:55 pm

they look normal to me id say you need a bigger vest id say the vests are definitly whats causing you problems are they snug over the nappy

My avatar
purpleduck
Clothie
Clothie

Postby purpleduck » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:01 pm

We use vest extenders which help.

My avatar
HighlandMum
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby HighlandMum » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:03 pm

I would say thats normal too, maybe you need a booster in the pocket? We dont use vests at all now as they made out pokets wick.

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:43 pm

:oops: :oops: it would make complete sense as the vests are getting a little tight, why didnt i think of that.
it does seem strange though that the wicking isnt caused by that bit that sticks out, if that was a prefold sticking out of the wrap it would soak everything! why do you think the companies make them to leave little bits out like that?

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:12 pm

I think the difference between the fleece edged napies and a pre-fold hanging out is that fleece would stay drier as it does with fleece soakers and flongies :) Where as a cotton prefold would just stay wet and leak...

Deffinatly try the bigger vests/extranders and maybe re-visit what your stuffing in them?

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:44 pm

ah of course! the whole fleece/cotton thing....wow im being a bit stupid here!
well i left the vest un done and there was no wetness yay!!
whats best for stuffing, id say shes quite a heavy wetter, the nappy is normally very heavy and wet all over and shes BF so poo can be explosive lol, i use the bg microfibre insert, sometimes use two, we havent really got a set routine with inserts, i have loads of different ones, some thinner things that i think have 'doubler' written on them, some thin 'hemp baby' things that iv never used as i dont see how they can work being so thin..they probably arent inserts to be honest lol

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:14 pm

There's a good thread on inserts here
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=38171

hemp ones are generally thin so don't add much bulk but are absorbent

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic