Where do I go next?

My avatar
Ezza
Clothie
Clothie

Where do I go next?

Postby Ezza » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:43 pm

I need some help from all you addicts!
Started with diddy diapers plus booster til she got too tall. Then moved onto motherease sandys (small) which are now leaving flesh wounds even though she's only 17lb.
Had Fuzzis suggested as the next option and am quite keen on pocket nappies as she's getting very wriggly and also means I can boost them as she's quite a heavy wetter.
Wondering about Fuzzis, Bumgenius, Wonderoos & Mommys touch. Also Blueberrys, but not sure I can really afford them!
Any thoughts and suggestions gratefully received ladies.....

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:04 pm

Hi! I've never tried Wonderoos or Mommys Touch but can recommend Blueberrys, Bumgenius and Fuzzis. Blueberrys are absolutely gorgeous and as the insert is hemp and microfibre I find I can get about 4/5 hours wear out of them although I rarely leave it that long between changes. Bumgenius are a very reliable pocket nappy but they are pretty boring colours and they are one size whereas you would probably need to buy two sizes if you choose Fuzzis. I usually boost them with an Ellas House Hemp Insert or Easy Peasy Hemp Booster. We also like Greenkids Anytimes and Happy Heinys too.

Louise

My avatar
emste76
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby emste76 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:22 pm

i used wonderoos and nature babies stuffables with my dd1 who was a heavy wetter with no leaks. i used to stuff with a terry nappy or prefold. DD2 i use weenotions pockets as se is a heavy weter stuffed with a size 1little lamb. To be honest i never had much success with either of mine with fuzzis. Mommys touch i have used successfully aswell. Blueberrys have had good reviews but i can't justify the price.

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:15 pm

I've not tried any of those nappies but if they seem too expensive try having a look for some preloved ones so you get more nappies for the money.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:54 pm

HI Ezza! I moved over to pockets when Louis got wiggly and I love them! as others have said BG's are good nappys and reliable (I add some hemp or bamboo to the mf booster though), but a bit boring - I have just 2 and won't get more for that reason! Fuzzis are great for us too and they are the 'bulk' of my pockets (I've got 6 of them). POcket Bots are really good too and they are UK WAHM which I like to support, if she is a heavy wetter (or even med) go for the poly rather than cotton. The Wee Notions pockets are great as well, Louis was in his yesterday for ages and the insert was sopping and not a sign of a leak! As the others said blueberrys are lovely scrummy nappies but they are expensive! Upsy Daisy Nappies are great too and quite similar to the BB's but much cheaper and uK made (do make sure you order 'back opening' though as the front one is a faff!). I prefer all of these over my Mummys touch and have heard too many mixed things about Wonderoos to have tried one!

If I were you I'd get 1 Fuzzi, 1 Pocket Bot, 1 Wee Notion and 1 Upsy Daisy (and a blueberry if you can find a 2nd hand one or decide to splash out!) and see what you prefer. Most of us have some of lots of nappies so don't feel you have to stick to 1 brand of nappy!

My avatar
Jandy
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Jandy » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:32 pm

I was very sceptical about pockets until I tried a Bumgenius - I think they're fab. Quite a lot of nappy retailers had the V2 on bogof a little while ago, I don't know if they are still on offer though. I have a Wonderoo which never fits 'right' and I've borrowed a few others from Artiezoo but none of them beats BG's in my opinion.
Jane

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:32 pm

I don't really like Wonderoos as I find them a bit saggy and Charlotte ends up with builders bum! Mommy's Touch are alright. Bumgenius I think give a better fit but are a bit boring and the velcro starts to look a bit shabby after a while.

My fave pockets would be Pocket Bots, Wee Notions and Happy Heinys.

Try one of each and see what you think :wink: :lol:

My avatar
Ezza
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Ezza » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:37 pm

All these new options - my head's spinning.
I will have a look and see what I can see pre-loved and give your suggestions a go. This is going to be an even more complicated process than I thought! :roll:

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:42 pm

I have more fuzzis than anything as I find them to be very, very reliable!

I love blueberrys as they are soooo cute (not the slimmest option though)

they would be my recommendations

jan x

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies