hf1

Where do I go next?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:00 pm

Yeah sorry, forgot the Blueberries - the minki ones are lush but as Jan says not particularly slim and relatively expensive.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:03 pm

I'm just going to bump this over to pocket nappy section!

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:06 am

Ezza, no specific suggestions but hello from near Holmfirth!!

My avatar
angelwingz
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby angelwingz » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:34 am

I love love love love love love pockets
Slinki Minkis are magic for nights (and days too). Plenty of room for boosting.
Blueberries, highly cute but highly expensive, love the micro/hemp combo insert, seems to be absorbant without having to prewash a million times. Nice to have one in your stash.
Have a look at Berry Plush too, lush minkee but the soaker snaps into the nappy with lovely soft minkee next to bum. Once soaker has been washed a few times it is lovely and absorbant.
Pocket Bots, lovely prints, lovely fit, very accommodating, some folks have wicking issues with cotton prints so it is advisable to go for a poly print if you have a heavy wetter.
Wonderoos, these are good for night, hemp inserts need a lot of washing but when they are up to full absorbancy they have did my lot overnight. I only used these as a changing bag emergency when i had a baby and toddler in cloth and now i only use them at night. They are very wide between the legs and at the back. I don't have to size up in trousers with a fully stuffed minki but i would have to size up with these due to the shape.
BumGenius, have one on route to me so dont know much yet
Weenotions, once again fabby nappy, fabby choices, you can even get them embroidered
Swaddlebees, wouldn't touch with a barge pole with a heavy wetter, not enough room to boost

Then theres evil hyena cart and fabby US pocket nappies like Better Bums and Prestons Pants :twisted:

My avatar
Ezza
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Ezza » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:43 pm

OK. I have a fuzzi, blueberry, bum genius & wee notions on the way. I'll let you know how I get on. And I hope I don't like wee notions as I will have to buy one in every fabric - snow leopard on the way!!! :D

My avatar
emste76
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby emste76 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:47 pm

i have a snow leopard and it is one of my favourite prints and lovely and soft. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

My avatar
lara53
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Where do I go next?

Postby lara53 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:13 pm

Happy heinys get all the love in our house!! Sadly ds has just outgrown his mediums which I listeds here for sale and we are now in larges at 21lbs, but we haven't had any problems with them at all. Larax

My avatar
Ezza
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Ezza » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:34 pm

Well, here's an update...
I now have a medium blueberry, a medium wee notions, a medium Fuzzi Bunz & a one size bumgenius.
I love the blueberry as it's really neat fitting. Only worn it once and we did get some compression leakage, but she had fallen asleep in a very unusual position!
The wee notions looks quite bulky on and I don't think we're quite the right shape for it somehow, which is a shame as it's a lovely nappy. I think we had some compression leakage as well, but need to check next time.
The Fuzzi Bunz is my least favourite as it doesn't fit and leaked quite badly. I think that might be because the stuffing was a bit small for the pocket, but i was very disappointed.
The bumgenius are great. Excellent fit and no leaks - they win so far!
I'm not going to write any off just yet as I'm going to experiment with different stuffings. Is hemp the way to go? Also think I might treat us to a HH to see how they do... So many options, not enough time!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:18 am

If I only use the micro fibre insert I don't get on with pockets at all! I always put a hemp insert behind the mf and that works really well whilst being very slim still. Hope that helps! Good idea giving them all another go before writing them off though! Let us know the next installment! :D :D

PreviousNext

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies