hf1

Fuzzi Bunz one size insert help

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Fuzzi Bunz one size insert help

Postby Saskia » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:16 pm

Hi, my new FB one size nappies have arrived and I'm wondering which of the inserts I should be using on my 2.5 month old (fairly heavy wetter)?

It comes with a larger and smaller insert - will the large be enough or should I use them both? I am also thinking of getting some small bamboo boosters as well...

Also has anyone used these nappies and what do you think to them?

My avatar
alemum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Fuzzi Bunz one size insert help

Postby alemum » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:19 pm

Hi, yeah def use the large one, overall the inserts that come with the fuzzi are but naf I would use the bamboo booster or if you have or can get your hands on the mommys touch one size inserts these do the job for us best.
The nappy itself is really good though the way you can pull in the elastic around the leg AND waist makes the fit really ace.

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:22 pm

i use both inserts for my heavy wetter, just find he canwear them longer if 2 inserts in! i actually prefer the sized FB tothe onesize just get a better fit with them, FB are still great to use though being trim etc!

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:33 pm

I use both normally.

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:43 pm

Thanks girls - I used both and she went 6 hours during the night with it fine and it probably could have gone a bit longer.

I haven't tried the sized ones but I love the one size! It's a great fit once you've spent some time fiddling about with the adjusters. I'm staying away from sized nappies (unless second hand) as I don't want to waste money on something she'll outgrow!

Will look out for the mommys touch inserts, thanks! Have just bought some wonderfull inserts from classifieds, and a blueberry one size insert to try out too :)

My avatar
daydreamer
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby daydreamer » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:26 pm

I use both inserts and they hold up just fine for us.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:26 pm

we used fuzzi mediums from 7 months to potty training and she will still wear one at night now. We would use one MF insert that came with the fuzzi together with another hemp or bamboo insert (hepeasy do some great hemp boosters, or we used greenkids bamboo inserts which are incredibly absorbent)

Microfibre on its own isn't really enough I don't think, altho might be ok at night cos you'll get less compression wicking

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:35 pm

Yeah I've heard that microfibre tends to squash wee out when it gets full! I think we're ok whilst Freya is still little (and immobile), but will definitely look into getting some natural fibre boosters for when microfibre is not enough x

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:44 pm

use the big one and an EP hemp underneath if you have any. you should get at least 2 hrs on a heavy wetter from that combo x

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies