hf1

WNOS not fitting

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

WNOS not fitting

Postby sjm » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:34 pm

I have a couple of old style and a new custom but cant seem to get a good fit and they are leaking. Any advice and should i keep trying or seell them
sarah

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: WNOS not fitting

Postby Emma1977 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:57 pm

What are you stuffing them with and how long do you leave them on for? I got leaks with mine but then stuffed it with a petite d'ssous bamboo insert topped off with an EP hemp booster and its been fine since then - last about 3 hours.

Not sure about the older style as never used one. :hug:

My avatar
simlou
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby simlou » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:03 pm

hmmm if it was just the older ones I'd wonder whether they needed stripping or does the pul need resealing (not sure that is the right term) but there is advice on here about putting them in the dryer for a couple of minutes for the heat to work its magic on the plastic. Someone will probably correct me on this one as I don't think I've got the terminology right!

I'd agree with Emma it could be the stuffing or have you tried a side snap? If its coming out from the legs have you got gape? The good thing about the side snap is you can adjust the poopers so have it tighter around the legs if needed.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:30 pm

We can't get wnos to fit without leg gape so we get leaks.i've sold some of mine on but kept 2 to keep trying with as he changes shape!

My avatar
LilMrsAverage
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby LilMrsAverage » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:38 pm

.. if they have fitted in the past maybe give it a couple of weeks and see if the fit changes? x we went through a phase of WN not fitting and now they are fine again x

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:02 pm

mine have only just started to fit recently. 2-3 months ago wer had bad leg gape on the larges but had a medium that fit beautifully.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:05 pm

Is lo in between rise settings? That can cause bad fit if he has outgrown one and not quite big enough for the next size. Maybe try again in a few weeks :-?

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:52 pm

I would try strip washing them and giving them a 10 min tumble dry on the hot setting to reseal them.
What are you stuffing them with/? I would keep them and try them again in a few weeks, Gracie went through a phase when her itti's were appalling on her, left it a while and now they are fine x

My avatar
sjm
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby sjm » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:28 pm

Will try again in a couple of weeks think it must just be his changing shape. He is slimming down as he is on the move.
sarah

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies