hf1

What's happened to my fuzzies?

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

What's happened to my fuzzies?

Postby Pinchette » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:16 pm

They were always so reliable but these days as soon as K pees, they leak. I've tried adding more boosting, a hemp booster but nothing seems to work.
My wonderoos are a bit better because there's more room for extra boosting but they're going that way as well.

Any idea?

My avatar
artiezoo
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: What's happened to my fuzzies?

Postby artiezoo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:32 pm

I've heard that giving PUL a quick tumble dry can help restore it's waterproof properties.

Otherwise, could little K have become a heavier wetter recently? The only other thing I can think of would be fit. What size of fuzzi is Kiara in?

Probably not much help as I'm not a cloth-techi as some of the ladies are. A better answer will be along shortly am sure.

:D

Marie

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:17 pm

It could be detergent build up. Have you tried stripping the nappies and inserts?
Louise

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:37 pm

I would suggest a possible build up preventing the fleece from allowing the wet through too!

Or....maybe she's turned into a power wee'er! in which case try stuffing with something that absorbs quickly on top of the slow to absorb hemp!

jan x

My avatar
emste76
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby emste76 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:27 pm

as everybody else has said you could try stuffing with a terry nappy or adding in an extra booster. I idn't have much success with fuzis as mine were both heavy wetters and maybe there shape wasn't right for them. More success with wonderoos.

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:45 pm

I was thinking the same as every one esle:

a) size/fit has changed
b) powder build up
c) PUL needs a tumble dry
d) She wees too much and you need nappies that can be stuffed more!

My avatar
squimlet
Clothie
Clothie

Postby squimlet » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:49 pm

This is intresting. This might be why my pockets suddenly started leaking with a vengnece. I didnt realise you could tumble dry wraps to restore them. Must try that

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies