hf1

Leaking pockets

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Leaking pockets

Postby Mareth » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:01 pm

Any recommendations on how to (if you can) fix a pocket (HH) that seems to be leaking? Seems to be leaking through the PUL rather than from seams.

Thanks

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Leaking pockets

Postby JanX » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:04 pm

wack it in the tumble drier for a few mins! Is supposed to 'reset' the pul (whatever that means!!)

jan x

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:26 pm

JanX wrote:wack it in the tumble drier for a few mins! Is supposed to 'reset' the pul (whatever that means!!)

jan x

And if that doesn't work, try getting some hemp (eg easy peasy) to go in there with your microfibre insert.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:26 pm

Thanks Jan, will try that. Otherwise I think it's gonna be resigned to use with a wrap :(

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:35 pm

Ermmmmm, I don't have microfibre :shock: ....should I? I just have stuffins, prefolds and some easypeasy's on the way.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:40 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to admit I like to have a variety of different fabric/absorbancy choises to mix & match with when stuffing my pockets!

for example my current fave is a bamboo pocket insert and a thin microfibre insert to stuff our pockets (the microfibre acts as a sponge and quickly absorbs and then passes the wet through to the mega absorbant bamboo behind it)

I find if we just put hemp into the pockets we often get leaks as it is very slow to absorb so if they do a fast wee it can sometimes be too much for the hemp to take in all at once if that makes sense :? :?

jan x

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:47 pm

try a folded flannel (cotton) on top of the hemp to absorb quickly

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:18 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:Ermmmmm, I don't have microfibre :shock: ....should I? I just have stuffins, prefolds and some easypeasy's on the way.

It's just that a lot of pockets are sold with microfibre, I just assumed everyone has some. Like Jan said, we would also get leaks if we didn't have something on top of the hemp, as hemp can be slow to absorb.

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:59 pm

I sec0nd trying the tumble 0n h0t. I fixed a wee n0ti0ns wrap that way, wasn't sure it w0uld w0rk but hey prest0, n0 leaks.

H0pe it w0rks f0r y0u. xxx

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies