hf1

Fuzzi help :(

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Fuzzi help :(

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:39 pm

I have 10 fuzzis - 8 are old style preloved and 2 are new style and bought new by me. Inside one of the new ones it looks like the pul part of the outer has come apart from the outer if that makes sense? Basically when you look inside the pocket it looks as if there is cling film in there.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Or has anyone come across this problem before?

My avatar
cvdbout
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Fuzzi help :(

Postby cvdbout » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:37 pm

I've not come across it with FB, but have with another nappy. I seem to remember it happening after it was put in a too warm airing cupboard. I continued to use it, just had to be careful while putting the insert in, to not rip the plasticy stuff, but I eventually just wrote it off. Not sure if it can be fixed?

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:09 pm

I know someone else who has had this problem, contact who you bought them from. Did it happen straight away you washed them first or is it a while down the line?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:18 pm

It can happen with time unfortunately I believe - if you always tumbledry your fuzzis or dry them on a radiator it happens a lot sooner...
I've never had this with my fuzzis but I never tumbled them or hung on or near radiators (why would you when they dry in a few hours!)

I don't think you can fix them :?

If they arrived like that preloved and you weren't aware they were in that condition then I'd take it up with the buyer if you're within a reasonable timescale...

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:27 pm

The same thing happened to my Mommy's Touch PUL wetbag - the PUL (cling film-like bit) has come away from the polyester material even though I have never tumbled it or put it on a radiator. Having said that, any number of things could've happened to it at nursery.

It still works absolutely fine though, but maybe the seller of the pre-loved one should've mentioned it all the same.

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:47 pm

:( It wasn't a preloved one - it was brand new and has never been near a radiator or tumble dryer. It is only about 6 months old used in a huge rotation so only used about once a week.

I got it from Twinkle on The Web and have emailed them but not heard back yet - just wondered if anyone else had experienced it with fuzzis :(

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:48 pm

I'd try Twinkle again as their CS is usually fab...

My avatar
alemum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby alemum » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:04 pm

I heard there was a big batch with this problem and the UK suppliers were exchanging them, if you contact whoever you got it from they should know about this and sort it for you, I read on another forum that someone sent 12 back to BabyKind, (i know I go on about BK but I am addicted to there site and products. :oops: and yeah babykind exchanged them all for her.

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:07 pm

this happened to one of mine too :cry: :cry: and i never tumble dry mine- i carried on using it but it feells really weird when you put the inserts in :roll:

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies