BG v3, flip or Organic?!

My avatar
sttb1997
Clothie
Clothie

BG v3, flip or Organic?!

Postby sttb1997 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:09 pm

Hi ladies,

i'm thinking of taking advantage of the RNW 20% offer and buying some new BG's for my son (nearly 2) and my daughter due in August. My question - which should I buy? The v3 which I have used in the past but doesn't wear very well, the flip, or the organic? I want them to last and have resale value, but also to not only be suitable for a newborn but also a toddler.

What experience does anybody have with these and what do you recommend?

xxx :pregnant:

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: BG v3, flip or Organic?!

Postby Saskia » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:25 pm

I like the BG organic AIO's - they're the only one-size/BTP nappy I like really.

My avatar
sttb1997
Clothie
Clothie

Postby sttb1997 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:34 pm

What age have you used them from/to? I don't want anything too bulky on a newborn, but that can also put up with a toddler who can outwee nappies v. v. easily! :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Saskia » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:59 pm

I use them on my daughter (nearly 4 months) and she could go 4 hours in one easily - possibly longer if I tried but I wouldn't ever leave her that long, plus you can always add an extra bamboo or hemp booster between the layers.

I haven't actually tried one on my 2.5 yr old son, however the Flips we tried with him overnight one time when we'd run out of pull ups (he's nearly potty trained so not in cloth) and it lasted the night with 2 inserts in. The Flip and organic AIOs are the same sort of design/fit so I'm sure the AIOs would be ok, perhaps with an extra booster.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies