hf1

not getting on with pockets anymore

My avatar
mummyme
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

not getting on with pockets anymore

Postby mummyme » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:50 am

Im giving up with pockets, (except my wonderoos). I cant seem to get a good fit anymore. to much leg gape. mediums are to small .large are to big. os well i still cant get the legs right other than on wonderoos and then i still have wing droop.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: not getting on with pockets anymore

Postby megansmummy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:26 am

I loved pockets when Megan was little, we used BG's from birth pretty much and never had a problem with them, then she hit 8 months and it all went wrong :( I gave them up then and havnt bothered trying them really with Kieren :( shame really as i love the idea of them...

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:41 am

The only pockets that work for us at the moment are greenkids.we use 2 of the large double inserts in them.bumgenius were ok until he's now in between the middle and large rise so we get leg gape.we fine ecobubs wool pockets ok too in larges.
I prefer fitteds but dh is now a sahd and prefers velcro pockets!altho he did put a bububebe on yesterday with an airflow.hope you find something that works.
I've just bought a poppered rumparooz to try.

My avatar
GeoMax
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby GeoMax » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:52 am

I had a similar issue with fit a few months ago. Bit of a problem as DP only does pockets and he looks after Max when I work. The only ones that worked were greenkids, so I got a few more preloved. Now thanks to a bit of a growth spurt he now fits in larges or onesizes on the large setting of his Bumgeniuses, WeeNotions and BlueBerries. So don't give up yet, they may start fitting well again soon.

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:14 am

mummyme wrote:Im giving up with pockets, (except my wonderoos). I cant seem to get a good fit anymore. to much leg gape. mediums are to small .large are to big. os well i still cant get the legs right other than on wonderoos and then i still have wing droop.

I find you have to chop and change brands sometimes. We've been using Upsy Daisies for ages but I'm selling all mine now to replace with Blueberries which are a much better fit (plus he can't undo them :lol: ).

Don't suppose you'll be selling any large blueberry side snaps will you? :wink:

Also, a lot of pockets made by WAHMs come in a medium/large size or even a trim large (my Upsy Daisies are this size) which is great for in-betweeny times.

It is a pain when they stop fitting so well though, I agree.

Helen xx

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies