hf1

Fat thighs, builders bum and trying a large

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Fat thighs, builders bum and trying a large

Postby smilinglou » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:32 pm

The lovely but nappy hating thighs are in over here, she's huge! We also have the builders bum effect and the other day I found a sneaky poo all over her dress that had snuck up the back of a WN :evil: we're having trouble even putting nappies on due to her squeezing her legs together during the process and Itti's and WN are giving her builders bum, should I try itti's in large or is this pointless?

She's 4 months old, not chubby but just chunky if that makes sense, are there any recommendations for nappies that fit well with chunky thighs, not sure how long she will be so chunky but she isn't very mobile just yet so probably a while :giggle:
Last edited by smilinglou on Mon May 03, 2010 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Fat thighs, builders bum and recommendations :oD

Postby Saskia » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:50 pm

Freya is exactly the same - she's enormous at 17lb 7oz, although she's chunky/weighty rather than fat. We don't get a builders bum yet, but sometimes struggle to get pocket nappies to fit her thighs well (I find fitteds much better). The one pocket I love most and I've had no problems with is the Real Easy. We are ok with our WNs at the moment thank god, but I do find I have to ease her into them (a bit like when you put on a freshly washed pair of jeans!).

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Mon May 03, 2010 7:24 pm

Does anyone know if trying large ittis/wn would work out for us?

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Fat thighs, builders bum and trying a large

Postby lazylexis » Mon May 03, 2010 7:30 pm

We still can't get a good fit with large ittis or large WN at 20 something pounds so I would think they'll be too big? We get leg gape and Nathan's thighs are about 11.5 inches. He's just growing out of medium dunk n fluffs tho which fitted really well. The only pockets we can use atm are greenkids as we can't get a good fit with the others.

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:33 pm

smilinglou wrote:Does anyone know if trying large ittis/wn would work out for us?

If you wanted I could send you a large itti AIO to test it?

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

smilinglou wrote:The lovely but nappy hating thighs are in over here, she's huge! We also have the builders bum effect and the other day I found a sneaky poo all over her dress that had snuck up the back of a WN :evil: :

Don't have a lot of advice but had to :giggle: at the bit above as Max did that this morning (not in his skirt I might add :hohoho: ). I put him in his brand new HL and he managed to poo so far up his back that it was deposited above the paper liner and was clinging to the OBV inner :cry:

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Mon May 03, 2010 7:43 pm

shoogah01 wrote:
smilinglou wrote:Does anyone know if trying large ittis/wn would work out for us?

That would be very helpful! Would there be much difference between the sio do you think?

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Mon May 03, 2010 7:45 pm

Emma1977 wrote:
smilinglou wrote:The lovely but nappy hating thighs are in over here, she's huge! We also have the builders bum effect and the other day I found a sneaky poo all over her dress that had snuck up the back of a WN :evil: :

Don't have a lot of advice but had to :giggle: at the bit above as Max did that this morning (not in his skirt I might add :hohoho: ). I put him in his brand new HL and he managed to poo so far up his back that it was deposited above the paper liner and was clinging to the OBV inner :cry:

Perhaps a skirt is the new poo catching answer here lol! If she had have been wearing trousers I don't know what would have happened :giggle:

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Mon May 03, 2010 7:46 pm

smilinglou wrote:
shoogah01 wrote:

That would be very helpful! Would there be much difference between the sio do you think?

Nope not any difference that I have noticed, I have both and the fit on them is exactly the same

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies