tell me about wnos pockets because i want one...i think lol

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

tell me about wnos pockets because i want one...i think lol

Postby angiepangie2809 » Tue May 04, 2010 2:24 pm

hi ladies.
i am interested in getting a wnos to try...i am assuming they are pockets right? and therefore need no seperate wrap...is that correct?

i wanted to browse the weenotions site but its closed while they catch up on orders so i can even get any ideas at all or get an idea of cost.

i would love a half cut minki outter with embroidery so does anyone have any idea of costs at all?
i was thinking dark brown minki dot half cut with a fawny colour...if they have it minki and some kind of embroidery.

if anyone has any advice or info on the wnos can you let me know as i think i reeeeeeeealy want one :giggle:
thanks

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: tell me about wnos pockets because i want one...i think lol

Postby smilinglou » Tue May 04, 2010 5:24 pm

I'm sure someone with more knowledge & experience of them will say more soon but I have one of these, it's velcro fastening, this one fits better for us compared to the side snap mediums WN we have, it seems to be bigger plus it seems better for stuffing. The side snap (we have these in medium) aren't giving us a good fit at the minute because Lily has big thighs, she also gets a bit of builders bum in them :giggle: , this doesnt happen with the one size (might be because of the velcro?) but we had wicking today again from the os, this could have been a number of other factors though, the big thigh thing is still a bit of an issue with the os but better than the others. One of the mediums we have has one half one colour and half another which looks really good,can't remember if it's different fabric or anything though.
I see them as slim small nappies that I want to show off but they arent the ones I reach for if I want explosion protection :giggle: or just something that will last us a long time while we're out, but they are gorgeous and if you can get a good fit then they are great! I personally prefer the velcro fastening as it seems to work better for us, the insert obviously makes a big difference too, I say go for it if you have the funds, hey why not :mrgreen:

You know that you're going to get one anyway whether we advise badly or not don't you :giggle: it's way too tempting

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Wed May 05, 2010 6:53 am

They are great slim nappies, I like the front poppers not side snap can get a better fit. Never had any leakage... touch wood. Mine generally have 2 bulky microfibre inserts so you can stuff the pocket quite full.

Think Jabula and bibsandbots stock ready made ones, worth a look to get an idea of price.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu May 06, 2010 9:00 pm

I love our WNOSs, I got hooked on the side snaps for a while but we're having some fit problems with them now, whereas our OSs have always fit perfectly (we started on the medium setting, can't remember when but I think Lili was already over a year old and she's 2 1/2 now) :mrgreen:

If you're looking at a brown I recommend the chocolate tie-dye, it's definitely one of the prettiest minkees!

My avatar
angiepangie2809
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angiepangie2809 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:16 pm

rhead wrote:I love our WNOSs, I got hooked on the side snaps for a while but we're having some fit problems with them now, whereas our OSs have always fit perfectly (we started on the medium setting, can't remember when but I think Lili was already over a year old and she's 2 1/2 now) :mrgreen:

If you're looking at a brown I recommend the chocolate tie-dye, it's definitely one of the prettiest minkees!

thanks hun. ive got my heart set on a mocha cuddlesoft outter with gingerbread men on the bum or a chocolate brown minki dot half cut with cream minki with funky monkey on it......unless i see some thing else that takes my fancy lol :giggle:

My avatar
Marie04
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Marie04 » Thu May 13, 2010 10:28 am

Ooooh I have a few of them - they're quite simillar to bumgenius but much, much more pretty :giggle:
I have poppered ones, the fit is really good, no leaks. I have the proper WN insert for one of them, but use a BG insert on the other and it fits fine and no leaks!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu May 13, 2010 10:57 am

We've never got a good fit with the os with poppers and always get leg gape.I've sold most of them but have 2 which i try every few weeks in the hope he's changed shape!the os applix one that we have has always been fine.
He grew out of the medium SS ages ago but can't get the larges to fit without gape yet but planning on trying again next week.

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies