hf1

help! inserts bunching up in pocket nappies!

My avatar
tinkerbell
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

help! inserts bunching up in pocket nappies!

Postby tinkerbell » Tue May 04, 2010 5:07 pm

I'm having a bit of a problem with pockets...the inserts seem to be bunching up although I am so careful they are flat when I put the nappy on. DS is ending up wet where the insert isn't reaching the edges of the pocket..if that makes sense!

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe the nappy isn't fastened tight enough and its slipping down causing this?

Help!

My avatar
Saskia
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: help! inserts bunching up in pocket nappies!

Postby Saskia » Tue May 04, 2010 5:12 pm

We sometimes get the same with our Weenotions pockets (they don't leak, just get slightly damp round the edges/legs), but we find it ok as long as they aren't on longer than 3 hours.

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Tue May 04, 2010 7:05 pm

Which inserts and which pockets are you using?

My avatar
tinkerbell
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby tinkerbell » Tue May 04, 2010 10:42 pm

We have bumgenius, happy heiny and blueberry sidesnap. We are using the inserts they come with but sometimes add extra like an itti bitti booster.

They just seem to end up sliding down and bunching up unless he has a poppered vest on which isn't great as they tend to get damp round the edges. The blueberrys seem ok..just need to buy more of them!

I think I am doing the nappy tight enough, any tighter would be uncomfortable I think.

My avatar
rhiannon
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby rhiannon » Wed May 05, 2010 6:57 am

Think its ok unless you have leakage. I have bumgenius I always fold my inserts over to bulk out the front (sorry can't work out from your post if you do that too) so mine don't reach the length of the pocket. Never had any leaks unless I left him in it too long :lol:

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Wed May 05, 2010 8:48 am

Make sure the insert completely fills the pocket - this means there is effectively nowhere for it to go so it can't bunch up. Hope that makes sense. Also, make sure the inserts you are using are 'fat' enough. I found if I put slim inserts in there is just too much room in the pocket so they swim around. :roll: :lol:

Helen xx

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:42 pm

sometimes if the insert is too wide it bunchs or if the nappy sort of squidges them at the edges, i find with us weenotions do this quite badly, sometimes the booster can effect this too especially if too thick and heavy compared to microfibre, also if i dont ease a weenotion or other small sort of nappy on to my lo her thighs sort of bunch it up, this has happened once with bg as well

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies