hf1

OS pockets - when they're between settings?

My avatar
emilymiller
Clothie
Clothie

OS pockets - when they're between settings?

Postby emilymiller » Sat May 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi all :idea:

I've not posted on here before so *hello* :lol: I've joined since they've decided to do away with the old babycentre boards :cry:

I have a question.... we only use one size pockets (what I had from DD and no spare cash to give my stash an overhaul :-|) and they've been fine up until now. However, I think Ruairi is between rise settings because the medium setting is quite low on the rise and it's harder to stuff everything in them he needs (stupidly heavy wetter), but they gape at the legs on the larger setting, not to mention they look really saggy and just not neat at all! :x What do you do when they're on between rise settings - go for the bigger rise and put up with the gaping legs or squeeze them in to the medium setting? He is 20lbs 14oz at 15.5 months, is tall and skinny with chicken legs. :doh:

On a different note, when weenotions reopens I am going to order some side snap pockets (I ordered a OS pocket during RNW), but I'm stuck on sizing. I was going to order a large as my DD CAitlin-Rose grew out of the mediums (old style) by the time she was 18 months, but I'm worried that they'll swamp him in large and gape at the legs. So was thinkiing about getting a high rise medium... how does the fit compare between then med high rise and the large, or should I just go for the large and hope for the best :lol: ?

Thanks all

Emily xxx
Last edited by emilymiller on Sat May 08, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: OS pockets - when they're between settings?

Postby Louise » Sat May 08, 2010 12:27 pm

When we started having problems with our WNOS's I just put them to one side until she changed shape (we have a rather large stash so not using them wasn't really an issue for us). If I still had to use them I'd probably stick with the M setting as the leg gapes are likely to cause leaks.

As for pockets there isn't a huge amount of difference between a high rise M and a standard rise L (Katie still fits both). I'd go for a L standard rise I think if you want them to last longer.

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Sat May 08, 2010 12:31 pm

I use large standard rise WNSS on my DD and haven't had a problem with he fit at all, she is 10 months and almost 20lb :wink:
hope that helps

My avatar
paintedclaws
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby paintedclaws » Sat May 08, 2010 2:28 pm

Hi Emily

I echo what Louise says about OS. With Weenotions, Poppy has both standard large and high mediums and they both fit pretty well. I'd be incline to go for the large standard, they'll probably be fine on him.

My avatar
GeoMax
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby GeoMax » Sat May 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Hi Emily

I had a very similar problem with all my one sizes a few months ago, and they make up a large proportion of our stash. I kept him on the medium setting, as I prefered a bit of builders bum to leg gape. I put up with it for about 4 weeks, checked again on the large setting and he fitted it fine :D .

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Sat May 08, 2010 4:09 pm

first of all :idea: :idea: :idea:

paintedclaws wrote:Hi Emily

I echo what Louise says about OS. With Weenotions, Poppy has both standard large and high mediums and they both fit pretty well. I'd be incline to go for the large standard, they'll probably be fine on him.

I would say the same as Painted hunnie! x

My avatar
emilymiller
Clothie
Clothie

Postby emilymiller » Sat May 08, 2010 6:38 pm

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Thanks all!! Recognise some names..... hello to those I don't :D

Will stick with the medium setting for now then... especially as the popper nappies I can't do up any tighter and that adds to leg gape! I think I'd rather have builders bum than a leak, and every now and then he does a yucky poo that goes right to the edge of the nappy! :crossbaby: :roll:

Will go for a standard large SS then... am just worried about leg gaping, but if the large and med high rise are the same in fit then I might as well go for one that'll last in the long run! Haven't had any sized nappies since Ruairi was really small, so it's hard to judge what size is the best, especially as our OS nappies are fitting badly atm (except BG)! :roll:

If only I had enough cash to redo my stash completely... If I'm honest I'm fed up with my OS nappies... hopefully a few more weenotions will get me back to loving them, lol! :giggle: :twisted:

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies