hf1

Bumgenius colour run

My avatar
lindaloo1971
Clothie
Clothie

Bumgenius colour run

Postby lindaloo1971 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:57 pm

Can anyone help? I have my second one in cloth and have moved from bamboo fitteds to Bumgenius V3.I was completely hooked after trialling a friends. I stuck to all the prewash instructions but the bolds have run - mainly into the laundry tabs but are now leaking into the inserts so all of them look a dirty blue/green. I have now read that the bold colours do run. Has anyone managed to remove the colour run? Do they just continue to leak colour - they have now been used for 3 weeks and am sure were worse last night than ever. Cheers

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Bumgenius colour run

Postby lazylexis » Thu May 13, 2010 10:04 pm

Mind only ever leaked into the tabs and it wasn't too bad.never got it out tho.could you try one of those dye catcher sheets in with the next wash?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu May 13, 2010 10:07 pm

Mine have never leaked colour :?

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Fri May 14, 2010 6:29 am

Velvetsteph wrote:Mine have never leaked colour :?

Or mine.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Fri May 14, 2010 8:29 am

My older pale colours have never run, but I did notice that the few brights I bought have run into the loop part of the laundry tabs :-?

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby girlinleeds » Fri May 14, 2010 8:44 am

my bright pink one's ran and the inserts came out pink, but after a few washes they stopped and my inserts are no longer pink, they have gone a bit greyish but i'm guessing that's pretty normal after a years use, those colour catchers sound like a good idea
xx

My avatar
lindaloo1971
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lindaloo1971 » Fri May 14, 2010 8:33 pm

Thanks. have looked on line and it appears colour run into the laundry tabs is common with the brights, bumgenius have come back to me saying that colour run is known about. I have been using the colour catcher sheets they come out clean. I think the main problem is direct contact of the stretchy side tabs with the laundry tabs. Wonder if this is why the brights are being taken off?

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Fri May 14, 2010 9:03 pm

My brights ran onto the laundry tabs too, never got it out!

My avatar
e586
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby e586 » Thu May 20, 2010 2:11 pm

my blue and pink bold ones ran into the tabs but never the inserts. Hasn't come out either after nearly a year!

Next

Return to Pocket Cloth Nappies